Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

‘Richard Jewell’ Crucifies Fake News, Honors the Heartland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Richard Jewell’ Crucifies Fake News, Honors the Heartland

Has anybody seen the movie? Planning on it?

You ready to start fighting back?”

Sam Rockwell asks the title character that question deep into “Richard Jewell.”

The Clint Eastwood film recalls how the FBI and media aligned to punish a security guard who saved lives at the 1996 Summer Olympics. Only the film feels like Eastwood is channeling a certain Commander in Chief.

Conservatives have spent the last three years fighting against a culture calling them racist, sexist, homophobic and more. They’ve been maligned for wanting to keep the borders secure and jobs from fleeing overseas. Reporters and celebrities alike led the charge against Red State America, forgoing the truth for progressive narratives.

It’s well past time for a Hollywood movie to take their side. Only a rebel like Eastwood could fight back in Oscar-worthy fashion.

Rogue, what's the word on this in your neck of the woods?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Has anybody seen the movie? Planning on it?

You ready to start fighting back?”

Sam Rockwell asks the title character that question deep into “Richard Jewell.”

The Clint Eastwood film recalls how the FBI and media aligned to punish a security guard who saved lives at the 1996 Summer Olympics. Only the film feels like Eastwood is channeling a certain Commander in Chief.

Conservatives have spent the last three years fighting against a culture calling them racist, sexist, homophobic and more. They’ve been maligned for wanting to keep the borders secure and jobs from fleeing overseas. Reporters and celebrities alike led the charge against Red State America, forgoing the truth for progressive narratives.

It’s well past time for a Hollywood movie to take their side. Only a rebel like Eastwood could fight back in Oscar-worthy fashion.

Rogue, what's the word on this in your neck of the woods?
    Don't know anybody who has seen it, but the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has been attacking it for weeks as being inaccurate. Of course the AJC was one of those sued by Jewell for defamation and the only one that didn't settle with him, so it isn't like they'd have a bias.

Currently they've focused their criticism of how AJC reporter, the late Kathy Scruggs, is portrayed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Doesn't come out till the 13th, but I think it looks great. Between that, and 1917 (and Ford vs. Ferrari, which was already released), it should be a great December for movies. And here I was afraid that this year would be a pretty crummy movie year.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Doesn't come out till the 13th, but I think it looks great. Between that, and 1917 (and Ford vs. Ferrari, which was already released), it should be a great December for movies. And here I was afraid that this year would be a pretty crummy movie year.
        A friend of mine just saw the Mister Rogers movie - he said it was super.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A friend of mine just saw the Mister Rogers movie - he said it was super.
          I'll probably get around to seeing it, but as a kid our dad wouldn't let us watch him because he thought Rogers was a little light in the loafers.

Comment

I'll probably get around to seeing it, but as a kid our dad wouldn't let us watch him because he thought Rogers was a little light in the loafers.
            Laughing --- yeah, I've heard that, and it's a shame that just because a man is a perfect gentleman....

Comment

Laughing --- yeah, I've heard that, and it's a shame that just because a man is a perfect gentleman....
              Yeah. I don't think it's true, but since I never grew up with him I never really caught onto the hype train that started over him about 5-10 years ago (same train that's still chugging for Bob Ross as well). Still, it's always good to see a Christian get some limelight in Hollywood. Not sure if this is penance paid for Hanks starring in those dumb Dan Brown movies, but whatever.

Comment

Yeah. I don't think it's true, but since I never grew up with him I never really caught onto the hype train that started over him about 5-10 years ago (same train that's still chugging for Bob Ross as well). Still, it's always good to see a Christian get some limelight in Hollywood. Not sure if this is penance paid for Hanks starring in those dumb Dan Brown movies, but whatever.
                I'm pretty sure that's been debunked -- the closest I ever found was that he once made a statement that he found both men and women attractive. He was, by all accounts, faithful to his wife.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's been debunked -- the closest I ever found was that he once made a statement that he found both men and women attractive. He was, by all accounts, faithful to his wife.
                  For the record, I don't recall my dad ever hearing rumors about it one way or the other. He just thought that Rogers was too effeminate, and wanted more manly role models for his kids. Or something. I didn't really pay much attention either way.

Comment

Don't be dissin' Bob Ross.

I have been watching his videos to learn how to oil paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Don't be dissin' Bob Ross.

I have been watching his videos to learn how to oil paint.
                      Must...resist...

No, but seriously, that's cool. As a fine artist, my dad had issues with Ross as well (for completely different reasons than he had with Mr. Rogers), but I know a couple people who used his paint technique to help rehabilitate themselves from drug abuse, or to give themselves purpose after retirement. Anything that helps people become more creative is great with me.

Comment

Must...resist...

No, but seriously, that's cool. As a fine artist, my dad had issues with Ross as well (for completely different reasons than he had with Mr. Rogers), but I know a couple people who used his paint technique to help rehabilitate themselves from drug abuse, or to give themselves purpose after retirement. Anything that helps people become more creative is great with me.
                        He used to make three paintings for each show. One was done before the show as a reference, the second during the show, and the third, very detailed for instructional purposes. The last one was really good. You can see them in his instruction books. And they look way better than the rushed 1/2 hour version on the TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          He used to make three paintings for each show. One was done before the show as a reference, the second during the show, and the third, very detailed for instructional purposes. The last one was really good. You can see them in his instruction books. And they look way better than the rushed 1/2 hour version on the TV show.
                          Kinda reminds me of those bakers on TV --- put the item in the oven, and instantly pull out a completely baked one from the other oven.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of those bakers on TV --- put the item in the oven, and instantly pull out a completely baked one from the other oven.
                            That reminds me of the old joke about the Kansas farmer who won a trip to the big city for the first time in his life. He saw an old lady get on an elevator, which he had never seen before, and a pretty 20 something woman got out a minute later. So he calls his wife over...
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              That reminds me of the old joke about the Kansas farmer who won a trip to the big city for the first time in his life. He saw an old lady get on an elevator, which he had never seen before, and a pretty 20 something woman got out a minute later. So he calls his wife over...
                              And we could go on....

Comment