Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Random movie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random movie questions

Just watched Thunderball for the who-knows-how-many-nth time.

Noticed at the end that 3 people jumped off the soon-to-crash half-yacht. 2 of them climbed into a lifeboat and were picked up by an airplane that grabbed onto a goofy red dirigible that Bond and the girl du jour were attached to from the lifeboat with a ropy thing.

I saw the third guy land in the water near Bond and the girl.

He didn't climb into the lifeboat nor was he attached to the dirigible thingy to be picked up by a passing plane.

WHAT HAPPENED to the third guy????????????????????

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

He was written out of the script.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        He was written out of the script.
        He wasn't wearing a red jumper. And it was the very end of the movie.

That water was shark infested! I mean, that guy saved the girl du jour and I think that Bond, James Bond should have helped that guy into the lifeboat at the very least so that somebody could come and pick him up later if the red dirigible thingy wasn't strong enough for 3 people!

Oh, the humanity!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          He wasn't wearing a red jumper. And it was the very end of the movie.

That water was shark infested! I mean, that guy saved the girl du jour and I think that Bond, James Bond should have helped that guy into the lifeboat at the very least so that somebody could come and pick him up later if the red dirigible thingy wasn't strong enough for 3 people!

Oh, the humanity!
          This was well before Star Trek made someone wearing a red shirt cannon fodder and it is never too late to be written out of the script. Besides, how could Bond get romantic with the girl du jour with some other guy in the raft with them?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            This was well before Star Trek made someone wearing a red shirt cannon fodder and it is never too late to be written out of the script. Besides, how could Bond get romantic with the girl du jour with some other guy in the raft with them?

Bond and the girl were lifted out of the raft within about a minute.

They could have left that poor other guy in the raft to be picked up by a random other boat.

Comment

Bond and the girl were lifted out of the raft within about a minute.

They could have left that poor other guy in the raft to be picked up by a random other boat.
              He had a life preserver. Bond and the girl jumped out of the boat just in front of the rocks, after the other guy jumped, so the raft was between other guy and the rocks. Nothing keeping other guy from climbing on to either one.

And sharks need to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                He had a life preserver. Bond and the girl jumped out of the boat just in front of the rocks, after the other guy jumped, so the raft was between other guy and the rocks. Nothing keeping other guy from climbing on to either one.

And sharks need to eat.
                But they didn't show what happened!

That poor, poor other guy!

Comment

He saw Bond get the girl, got mad and swam home - you know what men are like when they pout...
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't know.

None of these responses are satisfying my burning curiosity.

Comment

I don't know.

None of these responses are satisfying my burning curiosity.
                      Life's like that.

Comment

So, we watched On Her Majesty's Secret Service last night.

Bond, James Bond, broke into a Swiss lawyer's office to get some info on Blofeld. He moved 2 telephones from a small table and put them on the adjacent desk. Then he moved the table over near the safe he was about to open up.

Then he moved a chair in front of the desk and sat down to wait while his gizmo deciphered the combination to the safe lock.

The TABLE was nowhere in sight! Why did he move the table and where did it go??????

And he didn't put anything back the way he found it AND he stole somebody's girly magazine!

What is the deal with that?????????

Comment

Magic.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Magic.
                            I think you meant to spell that "continuity".

Comment

So, we watched On Her Majesty's Secret Service last night.

Bond, James Bond, broke into a Swiss lawyer's office to get some info on Blofeld. He moved 2 telephones from a small table and put them on the adjacent desk. Then he moved the table over near the safe he was about to open up.

Then he moved a chair in front of the desk and sat down to wait while his gizmo deciphered the combination to the safe lock.

The TABLE was nowhere in sight! Why did he move the table and where did it go??????

And he didn't put anything back the way he found it AND he stole somebody's girly magazine!

What is the deal with that?????????
                              If you ever have a chance to watch some of the private eye TV shows from the 70s keep an eye on any clock in the background during a conversation where the camera switches back and forth between the characters. Each time you see the clock you'll notice that the hands have changed position. Sometimes they go forward but often they go back, and often by five, ten, fifteen minutes in what was less than ten seconds.

Comment