Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Infinity Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity Wars

So, I started playing this trading card game on Steam. It's still in Beta but it's pretty cool. It's also entirely free and though you can spend money to buy cards/cosmetic improvements you can get any cards for free by just earning in-game currency and buying packs/decks. One of the more distinguishing characteristics is that all the cards are animated.

Other features:
    * Multiple zones. In addition to the attack and defense zones (with obvious roles) there's a support zone where artifacts/locations go and where you can put any card you want out of combat (like cards with weak stats but useful abilities) and a command zone. Only characters can go in command zones and all faction cards have commander requirements (namely, they need 1, 2 or all 3 commanders to belong to the same faction). Commanders can use abilities like those in the support zone but are immune to abilities that affect support zone characters and vulnerable to those that affect command zone characters (which works out in their favor, I only found one card that can only target commanders). They're also the only way to ensure a card will be available to you from the start of the game.
    * Simultaneous turns: Both players choose their actions at the same time then end the turn, at which point they play out at the same time. This opens up the possibility for some amusing mind games since you also have to predict what the opponent will do
    *Morale. In addition to health, you also have a morale bar. If it gets depleted you lose the game, and you lose morale every time one of your characters dies. This means that stalling by feeding the enemy endless fodder is a bad long term plan. One of the factions (the East Asian themed Descendents of the Dragon specializes in a strong defense and harming the opponent's morale)
    *Unlimited characters. All factions have at least one character card you can keep as many of as you want in a deck, in contrast with most games (including this one) where cards are usually limited to 3 or 4 of a kind per deck. Some of them are quite nasty, like Genesis drones that resurrect each other every turn, zombies that grow stronger with every zombie in your graveyard and cultists that gain power every time an opponent's character dies.

There's 7 factions in the game with an angel one on the way:

Warpath - Lots of fairly cheap, strong beasts
    Genesis Industries- Robots, specializes in merging robots to build them up into monsters.
    Flame Dawn - Fire/knight themed faction, good for swarming the board early game with a ton of weak, aggressive soldiers
    Cult of Verore - Good at killing/weakening enemies with abilities
    Descendents of the Dragon - defense and weakening morale
    Sleepers of Avarrach - undead created by a cybernetic virus. Gain power from dead stuff in your graveyard and can also manipulate it by bringing back the dead or using the dead to power other abilties
    Exiles - demon themed faction good at discarding cards. many of its creatures have an exile ability that lets you play it for dirt cheap when it's discarded

If anyone wants to play my IGN is JohnnyThunder and if you sign up please use my code (50012). It also has a master/apprentice system where you both gain cards for playing together.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 04-27-2014, 12:36 PM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

My kids might like this but we limit the amount of time they spend playing video games on their computers.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I may take you up on the offer sometime in the future. God willing, I'll whoop you at it, but I won't hedge my bets on it.

Comment

Birds which chirp the loudest get eaten first.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment