Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman

Source: CBS names Colbert as Letterman replacement

CBS moved quickly to replace David Letterman after the late-night host announced his retirement last week. Confirming speculation, Stephen Colbert, of Comedy Central's Colbert Report, will take over the Late Show sometime next year.

Colbert, whose current contract expires at year end, signed a five-year deal to host the show, which will begin when Letterman decides to step down when his contract expires in August 2015, though he could choose to leave earlier next year.

"Simply being a guest on David Letterman's show has been a highlight of my career," Colbert said in a statement. "I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave's lead. I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It looks like he'll be dropping his Bill O'Reilly parody character for the new gig.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I find it impossible to visualize him out of character.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Source: CBS names Colbert as Letterman replacement

CBS moved quickly to replace David Letterman after the late-night host announced his retirement last week. Confirming speculation, Stephen Colbert, of Comedy Central's Colbert Report, will take over the Late Show sometime next year.

Colbert, whose current contract expires at year end, signed a five-year deal to host the show, which will begin when Letterman decides to step down when his contract expires in August 2015, though he could choose to leave earlier next year.

"Simply being a guest on David Letterman's show has been a highlight of my career," Colbert said in a statement. "I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave's lead. I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It looks like he'll be dropping his Bill O'Reilly parody character for the new gig.
      Nooooo! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

That is television, right?
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          That is television, right?
          Bigot! Television is incredibly important to millions and millions of people!
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Hmmmfff....didn't they do a guest host rotation for Johnny Carson way back when he announced his retirement?
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Where am I going to get my white minstrel show now? Even Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly have more gravitas than this guy.

Comment

I kind of thought you were a white minstrel show

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It will be the end of an era. Oh, and CBS's show will change a little too.

I wonder if there will be another Best of the Colbert Report out.
                  I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Bigot! Television is incredibly important to millions and millions of people!
                    I am not a bigot. I am just not important enough for television.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment