Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

LOTR/Hobbit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR/Hobbit Thread

Just a thread for the LOTR and Hobbit trilogies.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

As for The Hobbit: Smaug was cool, as was Bombur's beard. Too much CGI. The love triangle was goofy and awkward. SMAUG IS THE RICHEST DUDE EVER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Ugh, the Hobbit movies could have been so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
        The LOTR movies could have been a lot better too.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I liked the second Hobbit movie but it took a lot of liberties from the book, probably to make it appeal to more people with action and such. I can see why one wouldn't like it because of that and I do prefer the book, but it is pretty enjoyable nevertheless IMHO. I think all of the LOTR/Hobbit movies would be excellent as standalone fantasy films but invariably pale in comparison with the books.

Comment

"Come now. Don't be shy... Step into the light..." - Smaug

Definately the show stealer of the film. Dat voice. XD
            Last edited by Andius; 01-20-2014, 10:21 PM.
            Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
            As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
              "Come now. Don't be shy... Step into the light..." - Smaug

Definately the show stealer of the film. Dat voice. XD
              Agreed. If Smaug had not been done that well, I would have considered darn near the entire movie a failure.

Comment

I will be the first to lodge a complaint about Tauriel's very existence. I hope she gets killed by Smaug in the next movie.

Comment

Tauriel?? Do I really want to see this movie??
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

He is the central piece of the film. It would have detracted a lot yes, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it would have ruined the film.

To me, there were still other great elements of the film, for example, the Archer of Laketown, and Laketown and Dale itself.

Being a guy strongly associated with all things Latin, I was pleased to see that the producers took nod from the old Italian Republics, inserting bits and pieces of those cultures to bring the people of Laketown to life. And for me, it's a wonderfull variant from the heavily Germanicized feel every other culture has in Middle Earth.
                    Last edited by Andius; 01-21-2014, 11:31 PM.
                    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Maybe I was a little harsh, but I tend to be that way with most every mainstream movie nowadays. Bard was pretty cool, yes. The mayor's mustache made me chuckle every time he was onscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Tauriel?? Do I really want to see this movie??
                        All during the movie my ribs were aching from my wife elbowing me every time I told her I wanted Tauriel's cell phone number...
                        (if they changed the story enough to have a "Warrior Princess" female Elf, and a Dwarf having the hots for her, then a cell
                        phone is no longer far fetched.)

Comment

Tauriel was cuter than that Legolas chick.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                            Word.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No spoiler. I have. Not. Watch the movie.

Comment