Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels odd talking about the manga and anime I like, not because I do not think they are good or that others here may enjoy them, but because of an author who made a great work who I hope repent and is saved.

Rurouni Kenshin is a great story as are.
    JoJo
    Fist of the North star.
    Dragon ball.
    Yuyuhakusho what I have seen of it.
    What I have seen of inuyasha.
    Kinnikuman.
    Oshiette Gallo Chan.
    What I have seen of Death Note.
    I will undoubtedly see more.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      It feels odd talking about the manga and anime I like, not because I do not think they are good or that others here may enjoy them, but because of an author who made a great work who I hope repent and is saved.

Rurouni Kenshin is a great story as are.
      JoJo
      Fist of the North star.
      Dragon ball.
      Yuyuhakusho what I have seen of it.
      What I have seen of inuyasha.
      Kinnikuman.
      Oshiette Gallo Chan.
      What I have seen of Death Note.
      I will undoubtedly see more.
      You got to see....wait for it... ERASED.lol I'm sorry, I tell everyone to watch it but that's because it is my favorite anime. Also Kino's Journey it's a Beautiful World is a great anime. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, and Assassination Classroom right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magenta View Post
        You got to see....wait for it... ERASED.lol I'm sorry, I tell everyone to watch it but that's because it is my favorite anime. Also Kino's Journey it's a Beautiful World is a great anime. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, and Assassination Classroom right now.
        Kurosensei is awesome
        My brothers lovefma.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          I couldn't even watch 1 episode of Black Clover before the main characters incessant screaming become too much for me.
          The English dub for the series thankfully toned down Asta's screaming. Still, I'd recommend the manga over the anime because the pacing is dramatically better.

Comment

• When I was younger I watched Card Captors, and Fighting Foodons, those were rather interesting. Ultimate Muscle, Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective*, Cyborg 009, and Rorouni Kenshin were all good. I seem to remember one when I was a kid that did random fairy tales that were local to Japan, and one that looked kind of like Sailor Moon, but wasn't.

*Supposedly they are working on a new movie for this series, which sounds cool.

Comment

• I'm currently watching:

Dragon Ball Super (It has it's moments, but for the most part it's sub par compared to DBZ)

Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou (I watched the first series a few years ago and enjoyed it, so I'm hoping this one will be good as well)

Boruto (I heard there's supposedly a prequel series about Boruto's awesome dad that's supposed to be pretty good )

Gintama (I mean, come on, look at my avatar )

Grancrest Senki (I have no idea whether or not I actually like this series, or if I'm just watching it to fill some time)

Kokkoku (One of the better series this season, definitely worth a watch)

Mahoutsukai no Yome (Good series, creepy subject matter)

Overlord II (I'm so happy Lizard arc is over)

Death March (Seems like your standard Isekai trash anime so far, i.e protagonist gets transported to another world and all the girls fall for him. Also, he's ridiculously OP but decides to hide it for some reason.)

One Piece (The pacing on this series is awful)

3-Gatsu no Lion/March Comes in Like a Lion S2 (If you haven't watched the first season of this series yet, do it. It's probably one of the best slice-of-life/drama animes out there, and it deserves to be watched)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                When I was younger I watched Card Captors, and Fighting Foodons, those were rather interesting. Ultimate Muscle, Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective*, Cyborg 009, and Rorouni Kenshin were all good. I seem to remember one when I was a kid that did random fairy tales that were local to Japan, and one that looked kind of like Sailor Moon, but wasn't.

*Supposedly they are working on a new movie for this series, which sounds cool.
                Remember the derail we started?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  Remember the derail we started?

Lots of cool animation and anime listed there.

Comment

You have a life, a fun filled anime life. I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Attack on Titian,and Assassination Classroom. Have you ever seen Erased?
                    Heh, thanks. No, I haven't seen Erased.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Heh, thanks. No, I haven't seen Erased.
                      It is really good. If you have the chance I hope you get to watch it. It's has suspense, friendship, time travel and a good ending.

Comment

I'm currently watching:

Dragon Ball Super (It has it's moments, but for the most part it's sub par compared to DBZ)

Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou (I watched the first series a few years ago and enjoyed it, so I'm hoping this one will be good as well)

Boruto (I heard there's supposedly a prequel series about Boruto's awesome dad that's supposed to be pretty good )

Gintama (I mean, come on, look at my avatar )

Grancrest Senki (I have no idea whether or not I actually like this series, or if I'm just watching it to fill some time)

Kokkoku (One of the better series this season, definitely worth a watch)

Mahoutsukai no Yome (Good series, creepy subject matter)

Overlord II (I'm so happy Lizard arc is over)

Death March (Seems like your standard Isekai trash anime so far, i.e protagonist gets transported to another world and all the girls fall for him. Also, he's ridiculously OP but decides to hide it for some reason.)

One Piece (The pacing on this series is awful)

3-Gatsu no Lion/March Comes in Like a Lion S2 (If you haven't watched the first season of this series yet, do it. It's probably one of the best slice-of-life/drama animes out there, and it deserves to be watched)
                        Wow, that's a long list. I'm watching a few myself like Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Assassination Classroom, and My Hero Academia season 3 is coming out on April 7th. I just finished watching Violet Evergarden.

Comment

Wow, that's a long list. I'm watching a few myself like Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Assassination Classroom, and My Hero Academia season 3 is coming out on April 7th. I just finished watching Violet Evergarden.
                          I've yet to watch season 2 of Attack on Titan, but I will at some point. Same goes for both seasons of Assassination Classroom.

As for upcoming anime I'm planning to watch:

Steins;Gate 0

My Hero Academia season 3

Tokyo Ghoul:re

FLCL Progressive

Souten no Ken: REGENESIS (prequel to Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star)

Major 2nd (The first series was amazing, probably the best baseball, if not sports, anime out there. I'm hoping this one will be even a fraction as good as the original series.)

Attack on Titan season 3

Baki: New Grappler Baki

Comment

It is really good. If you have the chance I hope you get to watch it. It's has suspense, friendship, time travel and a good ending.
                            I'll check it out (give me some time, watching Detective Conan now...)
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I've yet to watch season 2 of Attack on Titan, but I will at some point. Same goes for both seasons of Assassination Classroom.

As for upcoming anime I'm planning to watch:

Steins;Gate 0

My Hero Academia season 3

Tokyo Ghoul:re

FLCL Progressive

Souten no Ken: REGENESIS (prequel to Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star)

Major 2nd (The first series was amazing, probably the best baseball, if not sports, anime out there. I'm hoping this one will be even a fraction as good as the original series.)

Attack on Titan season 3

Baki: New Grappler Baki
                              I love My Hero Academia. I can't wait for Season 3. It comes out April 7th. Can you believe they're going to have a movie at the theaters this summer. I can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I'll check it out (give me some time, watching Detective Conan now...)
                                No,problem take your time. I love Detective Conan. I haven't watched all of it but I watched a lot of them.

Comment