Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Observation of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

heck. I am on prescription pantoprazole. But I don't feel depressed.
    Apparently it doesn't affect everyone. I don't recall getting the blues years ago, just something recent. But so long as it goes away after a short time, I can live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Isn't alcohol a depressant too? I should be suicidal by now.
      Nah. It's a mood enhancer. If you feel depressed, it makes you MORE depressed. But if you're happy, it makes you even happier. That's why it's served at weddings and sporting events 'n' such.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Nah. It's a mood enhancer. If you feel depressed, it makes you MORE depressed. But if you're happy, it makes you even happier. That's why it's served at weddings and sporting events 'n' such.
        Hopefully, your team doesn't lose.

Comment

My wife has two dogs, "doodles", and they are absolute nightmares. They're over a year old and still aren't housetrained, and one is a complete retard and won't learn anything (I think he must have been oxygen deprived at birth). They constantly dig under the fence and get into the neighbors' yards and fight with their dogs - just asking for a lawsuit. Or they get out front and hassle anyone jogging or walking their dogs.

I hate to take them to the pound because they really are loving dogs, but (again) they are just nightmares to deal with. And I haven't even mentioned all the dust they bring into the house. Doodles are like walking dust mops.

Comment

When your milk expires, it goes bad.
            What happens to poison when it expires? It goes good?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              What happens to poison when it expires? It goes good?
              It generally becomes less toxic, so in a sense...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                I always thought that milk goes sour long past its best-before date.

But, what does one call sour cream that's gone sour? Extra-sour, perhaps?
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

I always thought that milk goes sour long past its best-before date.

But, what does one call sour cream that's gone sour? Extra-sour, perhaps?
                  "Authentically Sour Cream" maybe? Since regular "sour cream" isn't really very sour.

Comment

I'll go with "Spoiled Sour Cream"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Or when cottage cheese expires. Since it is already bad stuff, I'd call it "Really, really bad cottage cheese."

Comment

Why is it that leftists/liberals are always more strict regarding the subject of their threads than conservatives? When I start a thread, I don't rally care how it evolves. That's nature. But leftists set narrow boundaries and threaten to remove posters from the ballot (interesting tendency) if they don't conform to the subject exactly.

Comment

Currently, my favorite commercial.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1742200535439015939

Comment