Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Black Adam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Adam

Anyone see it? Comments, critiques, reviews?

Personally, just hearing "Black Adam" spoken makes me wish for a revival of "Blackadder."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

I've heard good and bad. I've been told it takes some liberties with the character, but that Henry Cavill's Superman cameo has been met with roaring applause. I will watch it because I think The Rock is a decent actor in an action film, and I've always liked the Black Adam character.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So far most of the negativity I've seen is coming from the professional critics, and comics purists. I haven't seen it yet, but I realize a movie adaptation is going to take some liberties with the story, much of that comes from the fact that film just doesn't work like comic books. I have a friend who says it is really good, but I'd want to see it myself to confirm that. As long as they stay fairly faithful to the comics I'll likely enjoy it.

Comment

I'm a Silver/Bronze Age guy, and mostly quit reading comics in the late '80s. I don't know much about Black Adam except what I've read in comics encyclopedias. So for me, faithfulness to the comics would not be a big issue.

I'm a bit annoyed by continuity issues. If Wonder Woman has been around since WWI and was, albeit discreetly, doing wonder-stuff in 1984, why did she stay totally obscure when invaders from Krypton threatened the whole world, then burst back onto the scene in what was mostly a localized super-conflict around Gotham and Metropolis? If Kal-El was available for the cameo at the end of BA, why didn't he get involved when it mattered? Was it only in the past year or two that Kent Nelson discovered the Helmet of Nabu, and Carter Hall discovered Nth Metal superpowers and recalled he was a prince of Kandaq (or whatever) 5000 years ago? If not, why didn't they show up to fight the Kryptonians, or appear in Luthor's database of metahumans?

Sixty years of competition and DC still hasn't come close to Marvel's ability to manage a "shared universe."
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I'm a Silver/Bronze Age guy, and mostly quit reading comics in the late '80s. I don't know much about Black Adam except what I've read in comics encyclopedias. So for me, faithfulness to the comics would not be a big issue.

I'm a bit annoyed by continuity issues. If Wonder Woman has been around since WWI and was, albeit discreetly, doing wonder-stuff in 1984, why did she stay totally obscure when invaders from Krypton threatened the whole world, then burst back onto the scene in what was mostly a localized super-conflict around Gotham and Metropolis? If Kal-El was available for the cameo at the end of BA, why didn't he get involved when it mattered? Was it only in the past year or two that Kent Nelson discovered the Helmet of Nabu, and Carter Hall discovered Nth Metal superpowers and recalled he was a prince of Kandaq (or whatever) 5000 years ago? If not, why didn't they show up to fight the Kryptonians, or appear in Luthor's database of metahumans?

Sixty years of competition and DC still hasn't come close to Marvel's ability to manage a "shared universe."
          That's always been the big issue with JLA and the Avengers.

Where was the rest of the crew when [insert name here] barely beat back [insert menace here] and nearly died doing so? I mean Superman is struggling trying to keep Brainiac from destroying the world but the Flash can't help because he's way too busy stopping Captain Cold from robbing a jewelry store

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X