Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teallaura
    replied
    I know - I LOVED Ellery Queen (1970's) - but Timothy Hutton played Archie Goodwin in the early 2000's Nero Wolfe which he also directed and produced.

Like I said, it was cool - but I have a soft spot for Archie...

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    THAT would have been cool!

There was an episode of Leverage where Timothy Hutton missed a similar opportunity. The team goes to a murder party where everyone must dress as a famous, fictitious, detective. Hutton's character, Nate Ford goes as Ellery Queen (which is itself pretty cool although Hardison as Encyclopedia Brown was hysterical!) - he sooooo should have gone as Archie! THAT would have been awesome!

Parker went as Nancy Drew...
    Ellery Queen was perfect for Nate Ford in that episode, he couldn't have gone as anybody else. Because there was a series in the 70's or 80's called Ellery Queen, starring Timothy's father Jim Hutton as the title character.

I had to explain it to my son when we watched that episode. It is a huge inside joke for those of us who remember the Ellery Queen series.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoetker View Post

Also, Peter Weller missed a golden opportunity to climb into a Robo-fleet suit to be the True End Boss.

THAT would have been cool!

There was an episode of Leverage where Timothy Hutton missed a similar opportunity. The team goes to a murder party where everyone must dress as a famous, fictitious, detective. Hutton's character, Nate Ford goes as Ellery Queen (which is itself pretty cool although Hardison as Encyclopedia Brown was hysterical!) - he sooooo should have gone as Archie! THAT would have been awesome!

Parker went as Nancy Drew...
    Last edited by Teallaura; 03-20-2014, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    It could have been good. If the entire movie had played off the consequences of the opening violation of the Prime Directive, it could have been much better. I'm noticing this trend in sci-fi movies is to blow all the cool or interesting stuff in the first 20-40 minutes, then say "Welp, back to the dumb knock-off story!"

Also, Peter Weller missed a golden opportunity to climb into a Robo-fleet suit to be the True End Boss.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    That, and being a man who can do backflips while firing a minigun, according to Star Trek (NOTE: nothing of any real imagination or originality happens after that scene, you can safely stop the Into Darkness DVD after that.)
    Yeah, I wasn't particularly impressed with Into Darkness either.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    His name is also Benedict Cumberbatch. He could sell his acting roles with nothing more than that.
    That, and being a man who can do backflips while firing a minigun, according to Star Trek (NOTE: nothing of any real imagination or originality happens after that scene, you can safely stop the Into Darkness DVD after that.)

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I like Sherlock but I wish they had more than just 3 episodes per year.
    Yeah. And then not wait 2 years for the next season!

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The guy who plays Watson plays Bilbo in the Hobbit movies, and the guy who plays Sherlock is the voice of Smaug.
    His name is also Benedict Cumberbatch. He could sell his acting roles with nothing more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I know it has been cancelled - so have Leverage and Monk.

Thanks for the link...
    The guy who plays Watson plays Bilbo in the Hobbit movies, and the guy who plays Sherlock is the voice of Smaug.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    I know it has been cancelled - so have Leverage and Monk.

Thanks for the link...

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Haven't seen it.

I do like Burn Notice, though...
    That's been cancelled.

Sherlock is on Amazon Prime Instant Video and Netflix

home page: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Meh, it's pretty good.

I've found that I'm, apparently, extremely difficult to please when it comes to TV shows. I quite easily get burned out and simply lose all interest. Or I find a particular character so ungodly annoying that I just can't handle it anymore. (I'm looking at you, Lost. Gah, annoying and stupid characters galore.)

But I do like Sherlock. How about that season 3 ending, eh?

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Meh. I prefer Elementary. Of the retired shows, I like Monk and Burn Notice. Leverage is pretty fun.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Haven't seen it.

I do like Burn Notice, though...

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I like Sherlock but I wish they had more than just 3 episodes per year.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X