Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Lucas or Hemingway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas or Hemingway?

I saw this photograph while perusing the web. These new action figure toys are supposed to be made in the likeness of George Lucas, Star Wars creator. But I believe the process was highjacked by the Ernest Hemingway Appreciation Society and the likeness has been altered. Agree?

stormtroopers.jpg

Can you imagine what Star Wars would be like if Hemmingway wrote it?

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
      They'd probably be shorter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
        They'd be catching lots of fish

Comment

Drifting through space toward a meaningless death.

Comment

William Faulkner would have trashed it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

everyone would have been drunk.

Comment

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." = "Be careful, it's bad here."
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"Teacher-archeologist with futility pursues fortune and glory."
                  Last edited by The Melody Maker; 08-24-2022, 10:46 AM. Reason: Fixed misspelling of "pursues". (I thought that looked wrong.)
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X