Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Specifically, $10 million compensatory, $5 million punitive for Depp. Amber really crapped the bed when she... crapped the bed.

The $2 million to Amber was for things said by Depp's agent, not Depp himself.

So much for "Believe all women."
    Judge cut the punitive to $350,000 because that is the cap in Virginia.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Yeah, just heard that on Special Report (I think).
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Heard was not very believable on the stand. She needs to go back and take some more acting lessons. The fake crying was over the top.

Comment

It makes sense to me to have "more reasonable" settlement amounts than many juries provide, but I don't know about a specific cap like that --- I think it should be more of a "based on these factors......" amount. (Naturally, it doesn't cost the jurors anything at all to throw out huge numbers just for grins and giggles)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know if there is any truth to it but I heard yesterday that what they really nailed her for was retweeting a Washington Post headline that she didn't write.

Anywho, about the WaPo's culpability in this The Real Loser In The Johnny Depp V. Amber Heard Defamation Drama Is The Washington Post

[...]

A publication with any semblance of ethics might have asked Depp for comment about the sexual violence claims before running with the allegations — then subsequently spiked the op-ed or sicced its reporters on the case for more fact-finding. But not The Washington Post.

That paper, which loves to blather in its self-important tone about how “democracy dies in darkness,” didn’t bother to turn the lights in the direction of Heard’s claims. Instead, it gave her a free pass to air her dirty laundry against her ex-husband and consequently enabled her to paint herself both as a victim and a crusader of the Me Too era.

The whole situation offers two takeaways, and they aren’t that Depp is a dreamy hero or stand-up husband. The first is that “Believe All Women” is not only a lousy standard for our culture generally but it’s a disgraceful standard for legacy newsrooms. Good journalists live by a principle known as “trust but verify,” and The Washington Post traded it for “believe and print — or you’re complicit in wife-beating.”

To that end, the second takeaway is that if The Washington Post can’t be bothered to verify a simple but heavy claim of sexual violence against an A-list actor, it can’t be trusted to tell the truth about Russia collusion hoaxes, rape allegations against Republican Supreme Court nominees, guns, infanticide supporters, abortion, corrupt bureaucrats, critical race theory opponents, kids wearing MAGA hats, brutal ISIS leaders, peaceful Trump supporters, or even Jesus — among countless other people and things.

Amber Heard might have lost the lengthy defamation battle, but The Washington Post is the one with a habit of crapping the bed.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The jury returned a finding that was proof of the bias that the misogynistic society we live in has against women (don't you know?) if Heard's lawyer, who also claims that the jury was irrational, is to be believed. This particular statement starts out with a maybe, but "maybe" disappears in short order.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...violence-women

“Maybe this was an irrational jury,” she said, “but it’s not unusual for a jury to come up with a verdict where they feel like they’re giving a little bit to both sides.

“But the fact that the jury [first] came back without any damages and were sent back to the jury room is powerful proof that this was just a dumb jury. It doesn’t matter what thing they got hung up on. The issue is why was the jury unable to be rational?

“Why were they unable to see what was right in front of them and instead be subjected to the distortion tactics of Depp’s defense that allowed the evidence to whoosh past them?”

My guess is that the jury could see exactly what was right in front of them.

There is a rather interesting piece from the past showing that Heard might not quite be the martyred saint. She certainly seems to have a thing for throwing her weight around if Depp's former estate manager, Kevin Murphy, is to be believed.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...ia-court-hears

In his written statement, Murphy also said that Heard had “demanded verbally that I myself make a false witness statement {{in a court case, no less}} regarding the dogs’ illegal entrance into Australia”.

“I expressed that I was extremely uncomfortable with doing so, to which Ms Heard responded with words to the effect of, ‘Well, I want your help on this ... I wouldn’t want you to have a problem with your job.’

“Ms Heard’s threatening language made me feel anxious and uneasy.”
              Last edited by tabibito; 06-02-2022, 04:49 PM.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Dr. Curry, a psychiatrist at the trial said Amber Heard has Histrionic Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder.

Watching Amber's melodramatic and manipulative testimony during the trial it is pretty obviously a correct diagnosis.

Comment

Something hasn't sat well with me about this whole thing and this morning, I think I figured out how to articulate it: Masses of people deriving entertainment from the gory details of a crumbling marriage is sick.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Something hasn't sat well with me about this whole thing and this morning, I think I figured out how to articulate it: Masses of people deriving entertainment from the gory details of a crumbling marriage is sick.
                    Schadenfreude is alive and well.

Comment

Schadenfreude is alive and well.
                      Having a Christian view of marriage as a solemn vow before God would help. But at this point, just recognizing that marriage is between a man and a woman is light years away.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I actually said that to a friend said he had been watching it all.

Comment

Yep. It's like Hollywood Gossip on steroids. I think I watched about an hour total out of the months long coverage. Bits here and there because it happened to be on the news channel I was watching. My take-away was that they both were at fault and neither deserved anything. Depp came across as a useless drunk who didn't take care or love his wife as he should have and Amber came across as a vindictive liar who hated her husband.

Comment

This is not the kind of thing I normally say, but I really do hope they both get help
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              This is not the kind of thing I normally say, but I really do hope they both get help
                              It appears that Keith Richards is Depp's role model and inspiration not just for the character Jack Sparrow but for Depp in real life. He has no desire to change.

Comment

Looks like he done went and wrote a song about it all :https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...fe-amber-heard

I haven't heard it, but I would bet it's gonna suck really bad. About as bad as Clapton's song about covid.

Also, I hope they do have a re-trial.

Comment