Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Has anyone been watching this clown show? Fox has been showing their testimonies.

When Depp was on, he just mumbled and stuttered the whole time, and I think he was high or drunk.

Now Heard is testifying, and she comes across as a really bad actor. Her testimony about what Johnny did to her sounded so rehearsed, complete with fake crying.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Has anyone been watching this clown show? Fox has been showing their testimonies.

When Depp was on, he just mumbled and stuttered the whole time, and I think he was high or drunk.

Now Heard is testifying, and she comes across as a really bad actor. Her testimony about what Johnny did to her sounded so rehearsed, complete with fake crying.
    I thought Depp always sounded that way? Any time I've seen him interviewed, he mumbled like he was drunk or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I thought Depp always sounded that way? Any time I've seen him interviewed, he mumbled like he was drunk or something.
      Listening to him testify was torture. I kept wanting to drag the words out of his mumbling mouth. He would talk so slow, and stop like he couldn't remember what he was saying and then go, "um.. . uh.. and. uh then I would ..... um I would um.. say... um"

Comment

Probably played too many pirates!

Comment

I've been following it. It's an interesting case. I really think that they both should dismiss their attorneys and represent themselves.

Comment

I have not been "following" it. I take in the excerpts and accompanying discussions on Fox News and in Daily Wire articles. Some parts have been amusing, as when Amber's attorney was trying to pursue a line of questioning with Depp, and in about a 2-minute span had a string of at least six blocked by sustained objections.

Overall, it's two terrible, pathetic people from terrible family backgrounds, treating each other terribly for years. It's just sad.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Overall, it's two terrible, pathetic people from terrible family backgrounds, treating each other terribly for years. It's just sad.
              Par for the course with modern entertainment. Shows like The Office and Seinfeld are all about terrible people mistreating one another.

(Er, Seinfeld ended over 25 years ago and The Office over 10. So maybe not modern.)
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Par for the course with modern entertainment. Shows like The Office and Seinfeld are all about terrible people mistreating one another.

(Er, Seinfeld ended over 25 years ago and The Office over 10. So maybe not modern.)
                It goes back further with stuff like The Three Stooges. Probably much further in plays and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

It goes back further with stuff like The Three Stooges. Probably much further in plays and such.
                  The Stooges are so over-the-top I have trouble putting them in that category. For a fictional analog to Depp and Heard, I might go with the Andy Capp comics of the '60s or so.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                    I've been following it. It's an interesting case. I really think that they both should dismiss their attorneys and represent themselves.
                    If I were on the jury I would think they both deserve each other and find for neither one. Dismiss the case and tell them to move on with their lives and never mention the other in public again.

Comment

If I were on the jury I would think they both deserve each other and find for neither one. Dismiss the case and tell them to move on with their lives and never mention the other in public again.
                      Yeah. Something along those lines. This case is suitable for some kind of technical legal twist like that.

Comment

Jury sides with Johnny Depp in libel lawsuit, Amber Heard on counterclaim

Jury members found Depp should be awarded $15 million in damages, while Heard should receive $2 million.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Jury members found Depp should be awarded $15 million in damages, while Heard should receive $2 million.
                          Then they can kiss and hug and make up?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Then they can kiss and hug and make up?
                            Sure. Why not.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Specifically, $10 million compensatory, $5 million punitive for Depp. Amber really crapped the bed when she... crapped the bed.

The $2 million to Amber was for things said by Depp's agent, not Depp himself.

So much for "Believe all women."

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment