Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Jury sides with Johnny Depp in libel lawsuit, Amber Heard on counterclaim

Jury members found Depp should be awarded $15 million in damages, while Heard should receive $2 million.
    Specifically, $10 million compensatory, $5 million punitive for Depp. Amber really crapped the bed when she... crapped the bed.

The $2 million to Amber was for things said by Depp's agent, not Depp himself.

So much for "Believe all women."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Then they can kiss and hug and make up?
    Sure. Why not.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Jury members found Depp should be awarded $15 million in damages, while Heard should receive $2 million.
    Then they can kiss and hug and make up?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Machinist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

If I were on the jury I would think they both deserve each other and find for neither one. Dismiss the case and tell them to move on with their lives and never mention the other in public again.
    Yeah. Something along those lines. This case is suitable for some kind of technical legal twist like that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Machinist View Post
    I've been following it. It's an interesting case. I really think that they both should dismiss their attorneys and represent themselves.
    If I were on the jury I would think they both deserve each other and find for neither one. Dismiss the case and tell them to move on with their lives and never mention the other in public again.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

It goes back further with stuff like The Three Stooges. Probably much further in plays and such.
    The Stooges are so over-the-top I have trouble putting them in that category. For a fictional analog to Depp and Heard, I might go with the Andy Capp comics of the '60s or so.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Par for the course with modern entertainment. Shows like The Office and Seinfeld are all about terrible people mistreating one another.

(Er, Seinfeld ended over 25 years ago and The Office over 10. So maybe not modern.)
    It goes back further with stuff like The Three Stooges. Probably much further in plays and such.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Overall, it's two terrible, pathetic people from terrible family backgrounds, treating each other terribly for years. It's just sad.
    Par for the course with modern entertainment. Shows like The Office and Seinfeld are all about terrible people mistreating one another.

(Er, Seinfeld ended over 25 years ago and The Office over 10. So maybe not modern.)

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    I have not been "following" it. I take in the excerpts and accompanying discussions on Fox News and in Daily Wire articles. Some parts have been amusing, as when Amber's attorney was trying to pursue a line of questioning with Depp, and in about a 2-minute span had a string of at least six blocked by sustained objections.

Overall, it's two terrible, pathetic people from terrible family backgrounds, treating each other terribly for years. It's just sad.

Leave a comment:

• Machinist
    replied
    I've been following it. It's an interesting case. I really think that they both should dismiss their attorneys and represent themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Alien
    replied

When Depp was on, he just mumbled and stuttered the whole time, and I think he was high or drunk.

Probably played too many pirates!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I thought Depp always sounded that way? Any time I've seen him interviewed, he mumbled like he was drunk or something.
    Listening to him testify was torture. I kept wanting to drag the words out of his mumbling mouth. He would talk so slow, and stop like he couldn't remember what he was saying and then go, "um.. . uh.. and. uh then I would ..... um I would um.. say... um"

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Has anyone been watching this clown show? Fox has been showing their testimonies.

When Depp was on, he just mumbled and stuttered the whole time, and I think he was high or drunk.

Now Heard is testifying, and she comes across as a really bad actor. Her testimony about what Johnny did to her sounded so rehearsed, complete with fake crying.
    I thought Depp always sounded that way? Any time I've seen him interviewed, he mumbled like he was drunk or something.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    started a topic Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

Has anyone been watching this clown show? Fox has been showing their testimonies.

Now Heard is testifying, and she comes across as a really bad actor. Her testimony about what Johnny did to her sounded so rehearsed, complete with fake crying.