Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Last Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Kingdom

Has anyone else been watching this series on Netflix?

We finished series 5 last night.

Bernard Cornwell's novels it is not but it is a ripping yarn with some nods to The Flame Bearer and War of the Wolf novels - albeit with characters being conflated and some who should have been long dead still up and about.

No one appears to have aged either - but that is dramatic licence and I suppose many would not have wished to see Alexander Dreymon appearing as an older and scarred warrior as his character does in the later books.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

I have watched the first 3 seasons, but like most netflix series the gap between seasons has been so long that by the time they release a new season I have forgotten most of what happened previously, so I will need to watch the first 3 seasons again just to catch up before watching the latest seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I have watched the first 3 seasons, but like most netflix series the gap between seasons has been so long that by the time they release a new season I have forgotten most of what happened previously, so I will need to watch the first 3 seasons again just to catch up before watching the latest seasons.
      Not just Netflix. Two series that were on about this time last year, one on BBC America the other on HBO, will air their second seasons next year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Oh I do recommend you watch them again - and read the books if that sort of fiction is to your liking. Cornwell does like his battles [as his Sharpe novels demonstrated] but he does write a very good yarn.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment