Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

League of Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League of Legends

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been started yet.

Yeah, I've been playing this game for a while now. Originally picked it up in my second year of college, but I took a hiatus because I didn't really know a lot of people who played it. Now, I've recently picked it back up after my friend and my roommate both play it a lot.

Typically, I'm playing Support (Primarily Alistair, but I've been known to Taric once or twice), but I find myself being good at generally anything tanky.

Chaotic Vizzle is my handle, fwiw.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

I tried it for a bit when I heard a friend played it, but it was too much for me. Mostly got yelled at by other players, despite the initial warnings that I was a noob.

Comment

I played it up until about a year ago. Haven't installed it on my new laptop, and I don't intend to: it's a bit of a time sink
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

I play it. My summoner name is...wait for it...Zymologist.

Hard to say how good I am at the game, but my favorite role seems to be Vladimir mid, followed by Rammus jungle and Nasus top (this last one can be risky, but oh the payoffs from a farmed Nasus). I love Amumu, but am not comfortable playing him in Summoner's Rift because of his ultra-weak early game.

I like to play bruisers and tanks. Rammus and Vladimir are probably my favorite champions.

I'm also reasonably good with support as Soraka, though I don't like that as much as mid or jungle. ADC is the one position I'm not comfortable with.

ETA: Vladimir is neither a bruiser nor a tank (not a good one, anyway), but he is my favorite champion. For some reason, he's the only mid champ I can play worth a darn. Otherwise, I'm generally ok with most bruiser-type champs.
        Last edited by Zymologist; 03-13-2014, 01:46 PM.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Do you use voice chat? My friends and I (when we can get on together) use Skype. I might be on tonight, and I'd be happy to hit you up, CV.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Do you use voice chat? My friends and I (when we can get on together) use Skype. I might be on tonight, and I'd be happy to hit you up, CV.
            I work till 9 PM Saskatchewan Time (can't remember if we are Central or Mountain atm), so if you're on after then I'd be up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              I tried it for a bit when I heard a friend played it, but it was too much for me. Mostly got yelled at by other players, despite the initial warnings that I was a noob.
              Yep. The LoL community is...not known for its kindness. In fact, it is generally reputed to be the nastiest gaming community on the internet. My limited experience would confirm this.

But hey, the game itself is great. I'm more than willing to make use of both that "Report" button and that "Ignore" one.

Comment

Yep. The LoL community is...not known for its kindness. In fact, it is generally reputed to be the nastiest gaming community on the internet. My limited experience would confirm this.

But hey, the game itself is great. I'm more than willing to make use of both that "Report" button and that "Ignore" one.
                I can vouch for this... I've had some REALLY toxic teammate experiences. I mean, I expect there to be tension when things aren't going well, but there's a huge difference between tense comments and hurling death threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                  I can vouch for this... I've had some REALLY toxic teammate experiences. I mean, I expect there to be tension when things aren't going well, but there's a huge difference between tense comments and hurling death threats.
                  Yeah, it's really unfortunate. I try to be a level-headed player. The most confrontational thing I've ever said is, "Dude, calm down." And that only when a player is already having a bad attitude. I've ignored and/or reported a number of players.

I also try to make it a point to listen to other players when they criticize me, rather than just exploding at them for criticizing me. If a player gives me constructive advice, great! I'll listen. If all they do is tell me I suck, I'll usually say, "Don't tell me I suck. Tell me how to get better."

They don't usually say anything after that.
                  Last edited by Zymologist; 03-13-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Janna is still great for helping anyone and intimidating the opposition, but her global speed buff got nerfed, which is sad.

Comment

Yeah, it's really unfortunate. I try to be a level-headed player. The most confrontational thing I've ever said is, "Dude, calm down." And that only when a player is already having a bad attitude. I've ignored and/or reported a number of players.

I also try to make it a point to listen to other players when they criticize me, rather than just exploding at them for criticizing me. If a player gives me constructive advice, great! I'll listen. If all they do is tell me I suck, I'll usually say, "Don't tell me I suck. Tell me how to get better."

They don't usually say anything after that.

Same here. I'm generally a good sport, and I'm usually quick to admit my mistakes (ie, "In hindsight, Heimerdinger Support may have been a bad idea."). The worst thing I've ever said/done is point out- in a snarky tone- that the time they spent complaining could have been better spent helping us plan a strategy to bounce back.

Fun Fact: I was actually accused of trolling the other day. I played Mid-Lane Maokai, and some of my allies hurled the accusation because of my low Creep Score (they seemed to overlook the fact that the enemy Vel' Koz had good aim). Really, CS has never been a strong suit of mine (hence why I usually play Support, since I don't have to worry about such silly things), but a low CS alone does not a troll make. Now, had I gone AP Zed or something, that would have been different.

Comment

Same here. I'm generally a good sport, and I'm usually quick to admit my mistakes (ie, "In hindsight, Heimerdinger Support may have been a bad idea."). The worst thing I've ever said/done is point out- in a snarky tone- that the time they spent complaining could have been better spent helping us plan a strategy to bounce back.

Fun Fact: I was actually accused of trolling the other day. I played Mid-Lane Maokai, and some of my allies hurled the accusation because of my low Creep Score (they seemed to overlook the fact that the enemy Vel' Koz had good aim). Really, CS has never been a strong suit of mine (hence why I usually play Support, since I don't have to worry about such silly things), but a low CS alone does not a troll make. Now, had I gone AP Zed or something, that would have been different.
                        My cs usually depends on the champion. If I'm playing Nasus or Vladimir, for example, my cs is usually pretty good. Otherwise...it may or may not.

Comment

Do you plan on being on sometime this weekend, CV?

Comment

Do you plan on being on sometime this weekend, CV?
                            I work till 8 pm my time tonight, but I've got Sunday/Monday off next week.

Comment

I work till 8 pm my time tonight, but I've got Sunday/Monday off next week.
                              Ok, cool. I should be free tomorrow.

FWIW, I work a typical 8-5 Monday through Friday.

Comment