Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Rare Music Finds on the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Music Finds on the Internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mbh43HgT4U

I hope you enjoy this. It's good music, good video. Do you have anything you'd like to share as well?

Oh...so no body here is into music? You didn't like the Kurt Vile video?

Ima share a couple more here, and if no one wants to play, I'll take my Rare Music Finds on the Internet elsewhere. I'm telling you, I got a long collection and a wide spectrum of really really good underground music here. I'm always digging for new music, mining for cool creative sounds on the World Wide Web. Let me see what you have, and if I like it, it will go in my collection of the Best Rare Music Finds on the Internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_s...ZO9t&index=117

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
      Oh...so no body here is into music? You didn't like the Kurt Vile video?
      I am into music (the avatar might give it away) and I also enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing the link.

I'm not sure how well my own musical taste would be received, but if I think about the sort of music that would be popular among the average member here, I always think back to this brief conversation;

Man; "Where am I?"

Demon; "You're in Hell."

Man; "Really? I expected more country and western music."
      When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
      - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
      “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Not sure what counts as "rare music", but I listened to your first linked one. It's decent enough, but not really my style. Then again I'm a bit more picky in which music I like.

I put this up in another thread, but here is one example of music I like.

I've had this stuck in my head for months. Probably doesn't help that I keep playing it over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

I am into music (the avatar might give it away) and I also enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing the link.
          King Krimson. I have never listened to them. I'll check em out.

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

I'm not sure how well my own musical taste would be received, but if I think about the sort of music that would be popular among the average member here, I always think back to this brief conversation;

Man; "Where am I?"

Demon; "You're in Hell."

Man; "Really? I expected more country and western music."

I will often tune in to hear some of this new country music, and will listen to it because of just how bad it is. I mean, some of it is so bad, you just have to appreciate just how bad it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Not sure what counts as "rare music", but I listened to your first linked one. It's decent enough, but not really my style. Then again I'm a bit more picky in which music I like.

I put this up in another thread, but here is one example of music I like.

I've had this stuck in my head for months. Probably doesn't help that I keep playing it over and over.
            Thanks for sharing. I would hate to have that playing in my head.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I would hate to have that playing in my head.
              I really like the song, so I don't mind too much.

Comment

Comment

King Crimson has a really interesting avante garde style. I'm listening to their number Sailors Tale right now. I like that atonal spazz jazz sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Never heard of the Beatles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I really like the song, so I don't mind too much.

You might like this one:

Comment

King Crimson has a really interesting avante garde style. I'm listening to their number Sailors Tale right now. I like that atonal spazz jazz sound.
                        My brother and I are both Crimson fans for different reasons. He's a progressive drummer and is a fan of Bill Bruford - and Robert Fripp. I've always been a fan of Greg Lake.

Comment

Never heard of the Beatles.
                          Best song ever recorded, according to my tastes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

My brother and I are both Crimson fans for different reasons. He's a progressive drummer and is a fan of Bill Bruford - and Robert Fripp. I've always been a fan of Greg Lake.
                            Me too, on all three counts. I've seen Crimson perform live three times. I also saw Bill Bruford performing with Genesis on their Trick of the Tail tour, playing Phil Collins' drum parts when Collins was singing up front.
                            When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                            - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                            “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

You might like this one:

I thought it was ok as a kid.

Perhaps Rivers in the Desert would be more your style.

Comment