Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Rare Music Finds on the Internet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rare Music Finds on the Internet

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mbh43HgT4U



    I hope you enjoy this. It's good music, good video. Do you have anything you'd like to share as well?

  • #2
    Oh...so no body here is into music? You didn't like the Kurt Vile video?

    Ima share a couple more here, and if no one wants to play, I'll take my Rare Music Finds on the Internet elsewhere. I'm telling you, I got a long collection and a wide spectrum of really really good underground music here. I'm always digging for new music, mining for cool creative sounds on the World Wide Web. Let me see what you have, and if I like it, it will go in my collection of the Best Rare Music Finds on the Internet.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_s...ZO9t&index=117

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Machinist View Post
      Oh...so no body here is into music? You didn't like the Kurt Vile video?
      I am into music (the avatar might give it away) and I also enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing the link.

      I'm not sure how well my own musical taste would be received, but if I think about the sort of music that would be popular among the average member here, I always think back to this brief conversation;

      Man; "Where am I?"

      Demon; "You're in Hell."

      Man; "Really? I expected more country and western music."
      When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
      - Anonymous

      When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
      “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

      Comment


      • #4
        Not sure what counts as "rare music", but I listened to your first linked one. It's decent enough, but not really my style. Then again I'm a bit more picky in which music I like.

        I put this up in another thread, but here is one example of music I like.



        I've had this stuck in my head for months. Probably doesn't help that I keep playing it over and over.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Markus River View Post

          I am into music (the avatar might give it away) and I also enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing the link.
          King Krimson. I have never listened to them. I'll check em out.

          Originally posted by Markus River View Post

          I'm not sure how well my own musical taste would be received, but if I think about the sort of music that would be popular among the average member here, I always think back to this brief conversation;

          Man; "Where am I?"

          Demon; "You're in Hell."

          Man; "Really? I expected more country and western music."

          I will often tune in to hear some of this new country music, and will listen to it because of just how bad it is. I mean, some of it is so bad, you just have to appreciate just how bad it is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Not sure what counts as "rare music", but I listened to your first linked one. It's decent enough, but not really my style. Then again I'm a bit more picky in which music I like.

            I put this up in another thread, but here is one example of music I like.



            I've had this stuck in my head for months. Probably doesn't help that I keep playing it over and over.
            Thanks for sharing. I would hate to have that playing in my head.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Machinist View Post

              Thanks for sharing. I would hate to have that playing in my head.
              I really like the song, so I don't mind too much.

              Comment


              • #8
                "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                "
                Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                Comment


                • #9
                  King Crimson has a really interesting avante garde style. I'm listening to their number Sailors Tale right now. I like that atonal spazz jazz sound.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Never heard of the Beatles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

                      I really like the song, so I don't mind too much.

                      You might like this one:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                        King Crimson has a really interesting avante garde style. I'm listening to their number Sailors Tale right now. I like that atonal spazz jazz sound.
                        My brother and I are both Crimson fans for different reasons. He's a progressive drummer and is a fan of Bill Bruford - and Robert Fripp. I've always been a fan of Greg Lake.
                        "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                        "
                        Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Machinist View Post

                          Never heard of the Beatles.
                          Best song ever recorded, according to my tastes anyway.
                          "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                          "
                          Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                            My brother and I are both Crimson fans for different reasons. He's a progressive drummer and is a fan of Bill Bruford - and Robert Fripp. I've always been a fan of Greg Lake.
                            Me too, on all three counts. I've seen Crimson perform live three times. I also saw Bill Bruford performing with Genesis on their Trick of the Tail tour, playing Phil Collins' drum parts when Collins was singing up front.
                            When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                            - Anonymous

                            When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                            “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Machinist View Post


                              You might like this one:

                              I thought it was ok as a kid.

                              Perhaps Rivers in the Desert would be more your style.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Sparko, 05-05-2022, 09:32 AM
                              10 responses
                              101 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Machinist  
                              Started by KingsGambit, 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM
                              648 responses
                              145,023 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Machinist  
                              Working...
                              X