Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

First movie in a theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First movie in a theater

Simple question. What is the first movie you ever saw in a movie theater?

Mine was Mary Poppins.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Sound of Music.

I was 12.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think mine was Mary Poppins too. At least, I seem to recall being told that. I was too young to remember.

The first movie I recall seeing at a drive-in was "Bullitt. Being an "R" movie, I was able to get in when I was only eight years old. I went with my brother and his friends and they hid me.

Great movie, by the way.

Comment

Indoor theater -- First I recall is "Destroy all Monsters." Still my favorite Toho kaiju flick.

Drive-in -- Probably "El Dorado."
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I barely remember (and mossy would probably remember better than I), but I think it was some classic Disney cartoon like Snow White or Peter Pan, or even Sleeping Beauty or Bambi. I remember seeing all four of those in the theater as a really little kid, but I don't remember which the first of them was that I saw.
          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Sound of Music.

I was 12.

The first drive-in I went to was with my older sister. It was Lt. Robin Crusoe, U.S.N., with Dick van Dyke.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The first drive-in I went to was with my older sister. It was Lt. Robin Crusoe, U.S.N., with Dick van Dyke.
              I think that might have been the second movie I saw.

When I was a toddler my parents would take my brother and I to drive ins, give my brother and I a Dairy Queen ice cream cone and let us sleep in the back seat. So technically those were the first movies I "saw" but I remember absolutely none of it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I have no idea.
                  Given the only reason you've ever entered one was to hide from the Royal Navy, this is not surprising.

Comment

The earliest one I remember with an indoor theater was The Little Mermaid, as for a drive-in it was The Jungle Book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      I think mine was Mary Poppins too. At least, I seem to recall being told that. I was too young to remember.

The first movie I recall seeing at a drive-in was "Bullitt. Being an "R" movie, I was able to get in when I was only eight years old. I went with my brother and his friends and they hid me.

Great movie, by the way.
                      Bullitt was rated R? Really? I don't remember it being bad at all.

First one I remember was Aladdin.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Bullitt was rated R? Really? I don't remember it being bad at all.

First one I remember was Aladdin.
                        I'm pretty sure Bullitt was an R. One guy gets blasted with a shotgun in a hotel room and it was rather graphic, for 1968. They had a weird rating of GP for a while, that morphed into PG. I suppose it could have been that. "Midnight Cowboy" was originally an X and it definitely didn't merit that. The studio fought it and got it down to an R.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I suppose it could have been that. "Midnight Cowboy" was originally an X and it definitely didn't merit that.
                          I remember reading about that. They didn't intend "X" to actually be used for movies with serious artistic merit.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Mine was "Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight"

I remember missing the beginning because my mom (or whoever I pestered to let me go see it) dragged her feet getting there.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Sound of Music.

I was 12.

To the power of what?

Comment