Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What art thou currently watching?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What art thou currently watching?

I figured we need a parallel thread to the "what art thou currently reading?" thread for us couch potatoes.

Currently I am binge watching "Breaking Bad" - I never watched it while it was on the air but I saw it was on Netflix and didn't have anything else to watch, now I can't stop. It's pretty good.

Also I am watching "Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu.

It stars Steve Martin and Martin Short. Steve Martin is a washed up actor and Martin Short is a failed producer. When someone is murdered in their building, they along with Selena Gomez decide they want to solve the murder and do a murder podcast on it. It's hilarious. Oh and Sting, who also lives in the building is a suspect.

I had been faithfully watching Blue Bloods and NCIS. NCIS, however, has gotten weird lately, as they're rotating characters in and out for no apparent good reason. Regulars are leaving the show, and Leroy Jethro Gibbs is, apparently, going to only be in a few episodes in the upcoming season.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I had been faithfully watching Blue Bloods and NCIS. NCIS, however, has gotten weird lately, as they're rotating characters in and out for no apparent good reason. Regulars are leaving the show, and Leroy Jethro Gibbs is, apparently, going to only be in a few episodes in the upcoming season.
      I hear they are bringing back the original CSI and calling it CSI: Vegas. They are also adding a new NCIS show, NCIS: Hawaii.

Gibbs is the show. without him I think it will fade away. Kinda of like when Hetti left NCIS Los Angeles. I don't really like that one much any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I hear they are bringing back the original CSI and calling it CSI: Vegas. They are also adding a new NCIS show, NCIS: Hawaii.

Gibbs is the show. without him I think it will fade away. Kinda of like when Hetti left NCIS Los Angeles. I don't really like that one much any more.
        Yeah, from what I read, Mark Harmon really wanted to fade on out, but the current producers and writers begged him to at least make appearances.
        I really miss Ziva and Tony --- Tim is just "ok"...

And do they hint that Hetti comes back, or have they indicated she's gone for good.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We will be watching CSI Vegas. That’s the only one of the bunch that we ever liked, and I’m glad to see most of the original cast back for this one.

We are currently watching All Creatures Great and Small, the entire series which was given to me as a birthday gift by my wonderful son, interspersed with Psych, which was also a birthday gift from my wonderful son several years ago. Also, we started watching Dr. Death, a limited series that just started.

I have been watching quite a few shows lately such as Fear Thy Neighbor, and others similar. Perhaps that’s because we have one such potential neighbour…..

Also waiting for the return of The Rookie, The Resident, Good Doctor, 9.1.1.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I binge-watched Breaking Bad a couple years back. Very good production. I watched it because the final episode put the band Badfinger back on the map, with their song "Baby Blue" (I had a distant connection and interest).

Comment

Right now: Binge watching both The Rifleman and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Comment

Yeah, from what I read, Mark Harmon really wanted to fade on out, but the current producers and writers begged him to at least make appearances.
                I really miss Ziva and Tony --- Tim is just "ok"...

And do they hint that Hetti comes back, or have they indicated she's gone for good.
                Well they kept doing the random appearances for a while but at this point they have just said she is not coming back (no real idea where she went) and they have Nell reluctantly taking her place.

Comment

Has anyone watched the new Fantasy Island?

I am pleasantly surprised by it. I was worried it would be another "woke" remake, but it seems to be very much like the old show was. Of course Roarke is now his niece and "Tatoo" has been replace with a woman too, but other than that, the weekly stories are still pretty much in the vein of the old show so far.

Comment

I am pleasantly surprised by it. I was worried it would be another "woke" remake, but it seems to be very much like the old show was. Of course Roarke is now his niece and "Tatoo" has been replace with a woman too, but other than that, the weekly stories are still pretty much in the vein of the old show so far.
                    Ick.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Just watched the trailer for the movie - it seems a lot darker than the old series.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        Right now: Binge watching both The Rifleman and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
                        I love binge watching a season of a show rather than waiting to watch episodes week by week. I have been doing that since before it was a word. I used to record shows on my old DVR and then wait to watch them in batches, not quite being able to fit an entire season on my DVR at that time.

I think the streaming services are starting to go back to weekly releases instead of a whole season at a time though. The show I mention above on hulu, Only Murders in the Building, is being released weekly.

I think they have caught on to people will just pay for a month or two of a streaming service, watch all the seasons they want, then disconnect the service until next time the seasons are released. I think they think releasing them weekly will keep people around longer, especially if they stagger their new season releases.

But I generally will just wait until the whole season is released then watch it. But I have been watching OMITB weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          We had a local TV show that did Friday Night "spooky movies", and they did dumb skits and stuff between segments...

They had one where they had looped the scene where the Rifleman is walking up the dirt road in town, firing his rifle like 15 times, takes ONE bullet out of his shirt pocket, continues walking firing another 15-20 rounds, stops and puts in ONE bullet....

But, yeah, The Rifleman always had "a moral to the story".

Comment

We had a local TV show that did Friday Night "spooky movies", and they did dumb skits and stuff between segments...

They had one where they had looped the scene where the Rifleman is walking up the dirt road in town, firing his rifle like 15 times, takes ONE bullet out of his shirt pocket, continues walking firing another 15-20 rounds, stops and puts in ONE bullet....

But, yeah, The Rifleman always had "a moral to the story".
                            Me and my younger brother used to sit up on weekends watching those late night shows like Elvira where they showed really bad horror and sci-fi movies and we used to laugh our heads off mocking them, kind of like doing our very own Mystery Science Theater commentary (before they even came out). We especially loved the late night commercials, like the Flowbee and Rhinestone Studsetter.

Comment

Me and my younger brother used to sit up on weekends watching those late night shows like Elvira where they showed really bad horror and sci-fi movies and we used to laugh our heads off mocking them, kind of like doing our very own Mystery Science Theater commentary (before they even came out). We especially loved the late night commercials, like the Flowbee and Rhinestone Studsetter.
                              In Los Angeles on KHJ channel 9, it was Fright Night with Seymour. He was funny, made fun of most of the movies he'd show. The commercials were pretty awful - all sorts of lousy inventions people were trying to sell. Except for one. The "Weedeater" was first introduced in that format.

Comment