Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Let's do the time warp again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's do the time warp again!

For those who don't recognize the reference, it's from a song/dance in the 1975 cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show -- which could only be truly experienced by attending a midnight matinée showing of it at your local theater

And it seems appropriate considering this article

Source: What Year Is It? The Number 1 and 2 Albums on iTunes Are 40 (Queen) and 50 (Joni Mitchell) Years Old

What year is it again?

Over the weekend, Queen’s Greatest Hits went to number 1 on iTunes. Joni Mitchell’s “Blue” is number 2.

They are from 1981 and 1971, respectively. I was 16 in 1973, I’m trying to imagine music from 1923 and 1933 suddenly being popular. And I can’t. ABBA, Journey, and Fleetwood Mac are also in the top 50. But HER Music’s first album, released last week, is a dud. And it shouldn’t be. Go figure.

PS Creedence Clearwater Revival’s Greatest Hits is number 14. It’s been in the top 10 for weeks. So have four of their singles. Maybe we’re in a time warp!

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Actually, I do remember a slight resurgence in Big Band-like music (popular in the 30s and 40s) taking place in either the 80s or 90s, but it was not even remotely like this.

Maybe, I should give one of the recent real big hits a shot.

Let's see, let's see, let's... Ah! This should do. Big name artist. Debuted last summer at #1 and stayed there for several weeks and in the top twenty for some time after that. In fact, looks like it's still pretty big.

[*Puts on Cardi B's "WAP[1]" ... listens ... listens ... turns it off and puts on something from Aerosmith or Blue Oyster Cult*]

I think I understand.

1. Don't ask what the title is an acronym for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

A friend of mine administers the music publishing for the estates of Pete Ham and Tom Evans (deceased members of the British rock band Badfinger). Their most famous composition and their greatest income earner is the song "Without You", made famous by Harry Nilsson in 1972.

Anyway, one of their recordings made it into a time warp. It is their song "Baby Blue", which reached #14 on Billboard in 1972. It was unearthed and used in the finale of the AMC series Breaking Bad in 2013, so it made a reappearance on Billboard that year at #32. I understand it went even higher when the series moved to Netflix, but I can't verify.

Comment

'I’m A Wild And An Untamed Thing. I’m A Bee With A Deadly Sting'

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X