Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

"Noah" banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Noah" banned

Source: Censor boards in Qatar, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates have informed Paramount they will not release the Biblical epic, which begins its global rollout later this month

Noah -- inspired by the Biblical story of Noah's Ark -- is starting to come under fire in the Middle East for contradicting Islamic law by portraying a prophet.

On Thursday, censorship boards in Qatar, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates informed Paramount they will not allow the release of the film. Similar rulings are expected in Egypt, Jordan and Kuwait, according to Paramount insiders.

In Egypt, the leading Sunni Muslim institute Al-Azhar issued a statement on Thursday condemning the Paramount movie, saying it should be banned in that country.

© Copyright Original Source

There will be noah profit there for showing a prophet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I don't follow. I thought their main objection was to portraying their prophet, Mohommed?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Re-label it "Gilgamesh." It's probably about equally similar to both source texts.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        I don't follow. I thought their main objection was to portraying their prophet, Mohommed?
        It appears to also extend to all prophets. All part of their whole revered silence gig with some of their folk.
        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
        As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

The flood of profits is beginning to recede because Crowe will not have a chance to Ham it up on camera.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            The flood of profits is beginning to recede because Crowe will not have a chance to Ham it up on camera.
            Puns? I swear.. Javan a make me crazy.
            Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
            As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X