Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Pixar's Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixar's Soul

What a fantastic movie. Great story line and great overall message. The music was outstanding, and the animation was typical Pixar high quality. A definite recommend!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

So, you're thinking maybe I should see it? With family?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Absolutely. Very family friendly.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I second this. The way it deconstructs cliched expectations of what it is to live plentifully coupled with a brilliant story, definately moving.
        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
        As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          ASAP! It's that great of a movie.
          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post

ASAP! It's that great of a movie.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll be honest that I don't know anything about the movie, and I'd never heard of it before he mentioned it, but a friend of mine who is a Baptist pastor wrote a blog post with deep theological concerns about this movie:

https://parresiazomai.blogspot.com/2...urs-bible.html
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I'll be honest that I don't know anything about the movie, and I'd never heard of it before he mentioned it, but a friend of mine who is a Baptist pastor wrote a blog post with deep theological concerns about this movie:

https://parresiazomai.blogspot.com/2...urs-bible.html
                It's not a theological movie. It's a philosophical movie that is supposed to make you ponder living and the little things in life.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's fiction. What next? Is he going to complain that emotions aren't little people in your head, and that toys are not alive? I don't expect fictional universes to work the same as ours.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Interestingly, the first thing I heard about the movie were complaints that it is racist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I liked the music. I didn't pay enough attention to comment on any other portion.

Comment

We all have different levels of what kind of things we want to get out of fiction and that's okay.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment