Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Command & Conquer: Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command & Conquer: Remastered

So having been introduced to RTS games when Dune II came out (was the first game I spent all night playing) and then being a fan of the Command & Conquer series (I own multiple physical and digital copies of all the games) I splurged and pre-ordered the Collectors Edition from Limited Run Games.
    I was hoping to get that before my 40th Birthday back in July, but that got delayed by the madness of 2020, which means it should be shipping in the next fortnight or so (and will then depend on carrier pigeon to get across to New Zealand).

It did however include Steam keys. So guess what I've been playing in the odd few moments I have had free?

The most important this is that this is a straight remaster. Improved graphics (4k), and work done to make it run on modern operating systems, and changes so you can to internet multiplayer. The rest of the game play, the AI, the missions, the pathfinding etc. are all the same. This has upset some players who confused remaster with remake.

However for me it took me straight back to being a 15 year old kid just getting into RTS games. I am still working through the missions (I don't really do multiplayer games) and have so far thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyone else playing?
    "If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III