Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

"Son of God" movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Son of God" movie

Has anybody here seen the new movie "Son of God"?

It's based the History Channel miniseries "The Bible" produced by Mark Burnett ( Survivor and The Voice) and Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel) I am planning on seeing it eventually.

I want to know what others who have seen the movie thought of it.

If anyone's seen it, please don't spoil the ending!
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

The identity of the Son of God turns out to be Jesus and He rises from the dead. A bit deus ex machina, if you ask me.

Comment

Is Obama still Satan?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Is Obama still Satan?
          They took out Satan, not liking the controversy (no, I don't like the decision).
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Meh. I think I will just read the book.

Probably be more accurate.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
              If anyone's seen it, please don't spoil the ending!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Amen.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

While you are correct it still sounds like sour grapes in that where you live you probably have to travel through 30' snow banks and likely fight a walrus or something to get to a theater.

I'm hoping that the movie might ignite (or reignite) interest in reading the book among some of the viewers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    While you are correct it still sounds like sour grapes in that where you live you probably have to travel through 30' snow banks and likely fight a walrus or something to get to a theater.

I'm hoping that the movie might ignite (or reignite) interest in reading the book among some of the viewers.
                    yeah
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As much as I agree with you about the hope of reigniting interest in scripture, I am pretty sure that the whole thing will result in more confusion about what is true and what is not. People tend to believe what they see, regardless of the source, and Hollywood has made some pretty poor pictures about Jesus. So, yes, if people view the movie and go to scripture to search deeper, then fine. But I don't have high hopes.

There are no walruses in Alberta.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There are no walruses in Alberta.
                        Is it illegal to have them as pets?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Is it illegal to have them as pets?
                          I know they ban rats...
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

While you are correct it still sounds like sour grapes in that where you live you probably have to travel through 30' snow banks . . .to get to a theater.
                            That is what dog sleds are for.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I know they ban rats...
                              The walruses ban rats?

Comment