Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hello - Long time, no see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not as bad as Alabamastan where
    • Hallmark has a gift card section for brother-cousin-fathers and sister-wife-mothers

• Family trees resemble pencils

• DNA testing is essentially useless

• Family reunions are considered prime areas to look for a husband/wife
    Learn to spell. The word is Georgia: G-E-O-R-G-I-A
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Not as bad as Alabamastan where
      • Hallmark has a gift card section for brother-cousin-fathers and sister-wife-mothers
      • Family trees resemble pencils
      • DNA testing is essentially useless
      • Family reunions are considered prime areas to look for a husband/wife
      You southerners are so amusing.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
        Yes, I used to post here quite a lot for a few years a while back. Gutted my old account has been lost but Nick told me that everybody lost their accounts. I'm pretty sure I had a few thousand posts under that account too.
        Well get cracking on making more
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Jorge is potentially getting worse
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            Well get cracking on making more
            It's like when you writing a book but you only have one cope and then lose that copy or it gets destroyed. The thought of having to do it all again makes you think "do I have to?"
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              Jorge is potentially getting worse
              What's he doing now? From what I remember he was a creationist who always posted on creationism but would use dodgy "science" to try and prove a point. Of course try being the operative word here and take note that "science" is in quotations.
              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

What's he doing now? From what I remember he was a creationist who always posted on creationism but would use dodgy "science" to try and prove a point. Of course try being the operative word here and take note that "science" is in quotations.
                That hasn't changed except he uses less "science"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That hasn't changed except he uses less "science"
                  Well that's not so bad. Now you just need to hope he uses less creationism to go with it and you have an improvement.

Comment

Well that's not so bad. Now you just need to hope he uses less creationism to go with it and you have an improvement.
                    It is more a stock list of knee jerk replies including things like how he already at some point in time explained this and won't bother to do so again and accusations that the reader/questioner is high/drunk/deranged/dumb/dishonest and not worth responding to.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is more a stock list of knee jerk replies including things like how he already at some point in time explained this and won't bother to do so again and accusations that the reader/questioner is high/drunk/deranged/dumb/dishonest and not worth responding to.

Glad to see he is keeping an open mind.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X