Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hello - Long time, no see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    Well you could always go to South Park.

Looking at the thread I see that she no longer supports the Republicans.

Oh well, personally I'm more cynical than that now. I've lost trust in all political parties now. Makes it difficult to figure out who to vote for. I was considering turning up to vote, taking a look at the ballot paper and just vote for some nobody that I hadn't even heard of before. I'm probably not going to be home on voting day now anyway so I won't need to worry about it.

I just like pushing buttons and if that means stepping on republican and democrat toes, so be it.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

I just like pushing buttons and if that means stepping on republican and democrat toes, so be it.
      American presidents seem to be getting worse every time. Obama is now the new target to top in terms of being the most awful President America has ever had.
      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

American presidents seem to be getting worse every time. Obama is now the new target to top in terms of being the most awful President America has ever had.
        Question is... is it because people (as a whole) are slowly getting dumber?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Democrat Party, Republican Party, Libertarian Party...is there a "I could care less" party? I would join it.
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Question is... is it because people (as a whole) are slowly getting dumber?
            Yes, and it's the same here.

Dumb may be a harsh word actually. More like mass indoctrination in something that is a complete cancer to society.
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
              Democrat Party, Republican Party, Libertarian Party...is there a "I could careless" party? I would join it.
              Sounds like a good party to me. Besides, I thought political parties are just an excuse to accept legal bribes (in the forum of 'campaign contributions').
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes, and it's the same here.

Dumb may be a harsh word actually. More like mass indoctrination in something that is a complete cancer to society.
                Just try dealing with some of them on civics. It can be rather amusing.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes, nuts. I didn't expect hippie loving liberal nuts though.
                  Libertarian not liberal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Darth Ovious, get your hazmat suit on if you decided to tackle some of those in Civics.
                    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Could be worse. We could live in Sweden. They're completely nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Libertarian not liberal.
                        If I was to pick a side; I'd call Libertarians rather conservative (since they want to turn the US government into more what it resembled long ago).
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I remember Leonhard. Used to read a lot of his posts in the screwball threads.
                          Was he nominating, or being nominated?

Comment

Could be worse. We could live in Sweden. They're completely nuts.
                            I'm blonde enough to fit into Sweden, but not liberal enough. Oh well.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Libertarian not liberal.
                              Sorry, my post was connecting term hippie with liberal. I got that she was actually a libertarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                                Darth Ovious, get your hazmat suit on if you decided to tackle some of those in Civics.
                                Yeah, Mr Baby Murderer requires a level 100 hazmat suit (he used to argue with Tazzy Wazzy and Co; I'm sure he already has one).
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X