Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Theology Web may never be the same.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theology Web may never be the same.

News flash: at approximately right this minute (or several minutes shortly thereafter once I'm done typing all of this up), the website known as "Theology Web" was invaded by an inconspicuous (not quite sure what that means, but they use it a lot and it sounds fairly bookish) poster going by the screen name of "Deof Movestofca". Why? You're just going to have to stick around to find that out, because I'll never tell and you can't make me! At least, not unless someone bribes me with chocolate chip cookies. Or pizza. Pizza would totally work as a bribe on me.
    But anyway, members of the community are advised to be on the look out for this bizarre individual, as he may actually expect them to join in conversations with hiim. I know, I know, that's cruel and unusual punishment to be forced to endure such inhuman abuse, but this is the internet. Please immediately report to the local authorities any person with the following characteristics:
    1) Fundamentalist (but of the original largely apolitical, intellectual type that hearkens back to original usage of the term)
    2) Triinitarian
    3) inerrantist and infalliblist (but not a literalist... at least not in the literal sense. Rather I believe that different passages should be interpreted in the manner the author intended them. IOW, passages that were meant to be interpreted literally should be interpreted literally and those that weren't, shouldn't.
    4) Someone who believes that if self-proclaimed skeptics questioned skeptics and atheists questioned atheism as much as they expect theists to question theism, there would be a lot fewer of them.
    5) Someone who also believes that God created us to be happy and enjoy life rather than go around being all gloom and doom.
    I could go on, but will leave you with these tidbits.

Oh, and Happy New Year, y'all!
    Greatest ever! (Put a few extra exclamation points on that exclamation!)
    4.76%
    A++
    9.52%
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
    4.76%
    W00t!
    14.29%
    I hope I can post like that when I grow up.
    19.05%
    A veritable work of art.
    9.52%
    Encore! Encore!
    4.76%
    Jolly good show, old chap.
    14.29%
    Words are insufficient to express its magnificence.
    4.76%
    I can't wait for the sequel!
    14.29%

I brought my towel, I should be fine.

Welcome and merry New Year!
    "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Slow down on the caffeine, friend!

And welcome!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Can somebody give me the Reader's Digest version?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Here: Christian Orthodoxy ain't my thing.

How's that? :P

And also, Benvenuti. ^^
          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Bacon is good for me, is good for me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post

And also, Benvenuti. ^^
              Thanks, coach!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post

And also, Benvenuti. ^^
                Orthodoxy or orthodoxy? Opening post seemed pretty orthodox to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Orthodoxy or orthodoxy? Opening post seemed pretty orthodox to me.
                  Looking back at the post, I think I concur with you, and it appears I made a whoopsie in reading comprehension....

That's the last time I read and post after a New Year feasting (My senses not being at 100% at the time of the posting... heheheheheh).
                  Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                  As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

As someone who has chronically suffered in isolation in the valley of despair for close to 10 years, I had to chuckle at #5.

You know I had to make this about me.

Comment

He's an old school fundamentalist (as the term was originally coined, to describe those who believe in the Biblical fundamentals, and a rejection of Biblical liberalism). He's a Trinitarian. He's an inerrantist, but doesn't hold to a wooden literal interpretation of the text. He thinks that skeptics are not being honest in their skepticism, and that if they turned their skepticism inwards they'd probably stop being skeptics. He thinks that Christ really did come to give us life, and gave it to us more than abundantly, and that we shouldn't be bummed out Christians, but should rejoice in God's goodness (Joy being one of the fruits of the spirit and all).

I think that about covers it. Hopefully I got that right Deof.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        He's an old school fundamentalist (as the term was originally coined, to describe those who believe in the Biblical fundamentals, and a rejection of Biblical liberalism). He's a Trinitarian. He's an inerrantist, but doesn't hold to a wooden literal interpretation of the text. He thinks that skeptics are not being honest in their skepticism, and that if they turned their skepticism inwards they'd probably stop being skeptics. He thinks that Christ really did come to give us life, and gave it to us more than abundantly, and that we shouldn't be bummed out Christians, but should rejoice in God's goodness (Joy being one of the fruits of the spirit and all).

I think that about covers it. Hopefully I got that right Deof.
                        Yeah, thanks!

Comment

He's gonna be a fun one.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            He's gonna be a fun one.
                            You miss the Papster, don't ya?

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X