Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hi. Back for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Back for a while

I hope everybody is doing well. I thought I'd pop back in and reconnect.

I was able to graduate with a Bachelors in History but couldn't really get a job in that field. Since these days you need a Masters to sweep the floor anyway, I decided to go for a Masters in English (my school doesn't offer a Masters in History and I'm impossibly monolingual anyway). I'm currently in the process of clearing out the classes I need to get into the program. What I really want to do with my life now is write, but we'll see what happens. I can settle for teaching if I have to.

I'm also preparing for weight loss surgery after a health scare this year. It's been hard for me to get on insurance and I'm still not sure we'll be able to pay for it. I'm doing ok overall, though.

As you can see, I'm no longer a Christian. I hold no malice toward the faith or anything, but I just couldn't convince myself of it anymore. But I'm always searching.

I'm kind of busy these days but I'll try not to be a stranger. :)
    O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Originally posted by 2nd Kelp View Post

I was able to graduate with a Bachelors in History but couldn't really get a job in that field. Since these days you need a Masters to sweep the floor anyway, I decided to go for a Masters in English (my school doesn't offer a Masters in History and I'm impossibly monolingual anyway). I'm currently in the process of clearing out the classes I need to get into the program. What I really want to do with my life now is write, but we'll see what happens. I can settle for teaching if I have to.

I'm also preparing for weight loss surgery after a health scare this year. It's been hard for me to get on insurance and I'm still not sure we'll be able to pay for it. I'm doing ok overall, though.

As you can see, I'm no longer a Christian. I hold no malice toward the faith or anything, but I just couldn't convince myself of it anymore. But I'm always searching.

Nice to see you. You'll find it a much quieter place. Same usual suspects saying the same things. Including me.

Comment

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Man, I'm with you on the bachelor's in history thing. It's the pits.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Kelpy!

Do you want your original name!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Glad to see you around!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sure. Thanks. :)
                O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

Comment

You too! You look good in green.

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Welcome back Kelpp.

I hope you find plenty of time to hang around TWeb.

And I also hope and pray that your journey will lead you back to Christ.
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

You look good in green.
                        Yes, that amuses me.

Comment

Leonhard leaves the faith, comes back to the faith.
                          T-Shirt Ninja leaves the faith, comes back to the faith.
                          Kelp leaves the faith, __________

I like the pattern.

Comment

lol, thanks for all the hope and prayers.

Comment

Sure. Thanks. :)
                              Yes, you want your original name?

Was that with one P or two.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X