Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Possibly recovering my faith after a long period of atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerebrum123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied
    Hey there, and welcome.

I don't think I know how to help you (still trying to work out exactly what my own worldview is), but I hope you come out of this journey for the best.

As a general question, though, could you explain or at least outline how you got to this point and why you want to believe again? I know you said you weren't sure, and I understand that it can be hard to explain and put into words, but is there some basic speculation, at least? I'd be interested in knowing where you came from.

Leave a comment:

• Possibly recovering my faith after a long period of atheism

Hello all,

For the past year or so, despite the fact that I direct music at a small Methodist church, I have secretly been living as a closet atheist. I just haven't been able to say with any sincerity that I believe in God. However...

I don't know what exactly got me started down this path, but yesterday I had a sudden yearning for the faith I used to have. I thought to myself, I used to be able to reconcile faith in God with my daily, rational life. What happened?

I can't say that I'm convinced yet. I still can't say "I believe" with any conviction. But, for some reason, I want to believe again. And I want to figure out why I believe what I believe.

So...here I am. I'm here to learn (or to re-learn). I think I used to be a member of TWeb back in the day. Good to be back...

Cory Howell
    Nashville, TN
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X