Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hello, Ex-JW here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Ex-JW here!

I was raised in the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I found fault with their teachings. At any rate, I look forward to interesting discussions with the more mainstream community, though I personally do not buy into supernatural forces. Too many variables.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

What sorts of discussions are you looking for?
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by __ View Post
          Thank you.
          I am having a horrible time tring to pronounce your username.

Can you help, please?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Can you help, please?

Get in line.

Get it?

Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Welcome to the nut house "__"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                Get in line.

Get it?

But. There's that little circle at the end of the line. What does that mean?

Comment

But. There's that little circle at the end of the line. What does that mean?
                  There's one at the end of your name too.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    There's one at the end of your name too.
                    *Hands mossy a tissue*

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Can you help, please?

It is like the picture prince changed his name to: I am the forum member who shall not be named.

Comment

What sorts of discussions are you looking for?
                          I was never exposed to mainstream Christianity except through the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, which tries to say all other forms of Christianity are "Pagan" and "Impure". I suppose I have just heard so much rhetoric from the ultra-puritanical (even holidays and celebrations are considered too impure to observe), ultra-conservative, apocalyptic Jehovah's Witnesses, that I really want to hear what more liberal, progressive Christians have to say. I probably will never truly believe it, as there are events in the bible which, if taken literally, become impossible. Trying to assume the best of the Bible and other holy books, I believe it was written by well-meaning Israelite intellectual elites who believed the mythology of the time, if edited, could best symbolize these moral lessons they wished to impart. I also believe, however, that our morality has evolved since then. It does not lessen the value of these books, as they played a very important role in shaping our history, but it does mean we must first resort to rational arguments for morality and maybe only use these holy books for flavor points. I actually saw fault with the inerrancy Bible long before I had the courage to research JW history. I am glad I am free of that group, but I still feel something missing. I miss the community, and although the only "good" that group does is preach (charity is considered a tool of Satan and unworthy of sacrificing valuable preaching time for.), I miss having a organized organization for goodness. I am flirting with Unitarian Universalism, and I already consider myself a humanist, but my conscious always nags me for not doing enough good. Does that make sense?

Comment

Get in line.

Get it?

*square_peg negatively amen'd this post and sent it off to quarantine
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by __ View Post
                              It is like the picture prince changed his name to: I am the forum member who shall not be named.
                              So we should just call you He Who Shall Not Be Named, right?
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X