Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Country Sparrow saying, "Hello"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm far, far away, alas. Pacific Coast NW part of Washington state, near Canada. Victoria in British Columbia, Canada, is more south than where I live.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Country Sparrow View Post
      Hey, thanks for the welcome. No, really.
      Anyone who uses one of my old T rex smilies is a-ok in my book

Welcome to Tweb.

And watch out for that prodder of bovine character. He's my twin brother from another mother so I know of which I speak (or sumethin' like that).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Welcome to Tweb.

And watch out for that prodder of bovine character. He's my twin brother from another mother so I know of which I speak (or sumethin' like that).
        And never squat while wearing spurs!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
          ....I'm king ...
          Don't let him fool you...

nintendo-nerd-lord.jpg
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
            ....I'm king though I'm not on as much as I used to be.
            I welcome thee to my Mom's baseme- I mean land.
            Thank you. (Hi, mom! )

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
            I'm far, far away, alas. Pacific Coast NW part of Washington state, near Canada. Victoria in British Columbia, Canada, is more south than where I live.
            I use to live in Toronto for a time. Never made it west but I hear it's gorgeous. Maybe one day.

Welcome to Tweb.

The T-Rex are my favorite. I use to love to study dinosaurs when I was a youth. He's so cute.
            Thanks for the welcome.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And never squat while wearing spurs!
            See? That's advice afforded personal experience. Ain't that right dimple butt?

sigpic
            "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
            Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Thank you. (Hi, mom! )

I use to live in Toronto for a time. Never made it west but I hear it's gorgeous. Maybe one day.

The T-Rex are my favorite. I use to love to study dinosaurs when I was a youth. He's so cute.
              Thanks for the welcome.

See? That's advice afforded personal experience. Ain't that right dimple butt?

The entire gang.

They're all usually pretty nice. Just don't ask them to sing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." They don't find that the least bit funny.

And they'll get right ornery if you ask them if they have a license to carry small arms.
              Last edited by rogue06; 10-10-2014, 11:58 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What were those teeny little arms for, anyway?
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The entire gang.
                  Soooo cute. Thank you for posting the whole gang. The hand stand Rex and the waggie tail Rex are adorable.

A template model for the future CeeLo Green?
                  Bad bird, bad, bad.

sigpic
                  Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Getting crazy cat ladies to think they're helpless and move in close enough to bite. Of course this requires wearing a veil to hide their gigantic mouth full of serrated railroad spike like teeth capable of ripping off a chunk of meat up to 600 pounds in weight. But then they can't put the veil on because of those blasted short arms. So its really a lousy strategy.

And now you know why they went extinct

Comment

Soooo cute. Thank you for posting the whole gang. The hand stand Rex and the waggie tail Rex are adorable.
                      I call her "wiggle butt." But never, ever to her face.

Comment

I call her "wiggle butt." But never, ever to her face.
                        Wiggle but. As opposed to the idea of, Teasing Tookus?

I can understand why. She might not be able to grab you with those wittle arms, but she can sure catch you when she runs and bends low to gobble you down in one bite.

That reminds me....*(note to self, increase stock portfolio to include Gaviscon antacids)

sigpic
                        Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                          You are far south of me. But so is almost everyone (Sparrow, I am in Alaska).
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            You are far south of me. But so is almost everyone (Sparrow, I am in Alaska).
                            Wonderful. I recently learned Alaska has a rainforest. Not the first thing I imagine when thinking of Alaska. Though it's gorgeous overall that was a new one I must admit. (I was watching the show, "Buying Alaska", and a house in the rainforest was an option).

sigpic
                            Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Hey, Washington state does have rainforests. In fact I don't have to walk far to be in one. Just go through Fairhaven Park in Bellingham, when I'm not in the mood to go tramping through some of my neighbors' backyards.
                              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I did not know that about Washington state. I'm already enthralled that they have redwoods there. Thank you for telling me. How can you resist walking there all the time?

sigpic
                                Marcus Aurelius

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X