Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Why is my IP address banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my IP address banned?

Hi everyone,

For some reason my IP address is banned? Any reason for this?
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

I shall check into it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I can't see that the one you are using now is banned.

Is it a different one that you were using?

You can pm me that info if you'd like.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Using my mobile just now. I'll send a PM. It is a shared internet connection but I don't think others would be doing anything on this site.
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          Using my mobile just now. I'll send a PM. It is a shared internet connection but I don't think others would be doing anything on this site.
          Ok.

Comment

I think I sent a PM but its not clear.

Comment

Yup! I got all 3, and have replied.

I so wish we could get the hanging posts and pm's taken care of.

Comment

I've pm'd Leonhard on your behalf. Hopefully he can help you.

Comment

Ok thanks. I've read your message. If you wish you can contact me by email as well.

Comment

Just in case it helps ... I had about a six hour period when I could not access yahoo.com or theologyweb.com about 6-8 weeks ago. But this meant that the websites could not be hit at all by my computer. It turned out that a bunch of people had this problem with the AT&T network at that time. And some status sites showed that yahoo.com was functional. I forget if I checked access through my cell phone.

Comment

How did you fix it? I saw this problem yesterday as well.

Comment

mossy, send me the IP addresses and I will check and see and unban them.

What usually happens DO, is that we get spammers who keep signing up with new names, but with the same IP's, so we will ban them, sometimes if they use a ranges of IP addresses we will ban using a wildcard, like 255.255.100.*

It could be that a spammer was using the same ISP as you were, and we banned their IP and you just happened to get that IP assigned to you, or your IP could have been included in a wildcard ban by mistake.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          mossy, send me the IP addresses and I will check and see and unban them.

What usually happens DO, is that we get spammers who keep signing up with new names, but with the same IP's, so we will ban them, sometimes if they use a ranges of IP addresses we will ban using a wildcard, like 255.255.100.*

It could be that a spammer was using the same ISP as you were, and we banned their IP and you just happened to get that IP assigned to you, or your IP could have been included in a wildcard ban by mistake.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
                          I will forward Darth O's pm to you. I did go through the banned ip list and didn't see his on there, and, oddly, I also didn't see that that particular one in the list of ones he's used, so I'm stymied.

Leon will check when he has time, but maybe you will find it.

Comment

OK I checked the IP addresses you gave mossy. Neither of them are on our ban list. It could be some problem external to theologyweb. Perhaps with your ISP?

Are you getting some message that actually says "your IP address is banned?"

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I will forward Darth O's pm to you. I did go through the banned ip list and didn't see his on there, and, oddly, I also didn't see that that particular one in the list of ones he's used, so I'm stymied.

Leon will check when he has time, but maybe you will find it.
                              Leon doens't have access to the admin panel. He just does the background programming on the server.

I also didn't see anything close to his given IP addresses listed under his name. Nothing starting with 19* or even close.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X