Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Maranatha everyone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maranatha everyone

    Hello, born again Christian here. As you can see from my username, the Lord is coming. Until then I guess I can talk to other people.

    I came to know the Lord in my early twenties, and have never looked back. He has been very good to me and my wife, through all the trouble, pain and suffering, He has remained. He brought us together after both praying for our soul mates, and it was clear the moment we met. I look forward to seeing some of you around.

  • #2
    Hi, and welcome!



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Howdy.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome aboard!
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
            Hello, born again Christian here. As you can see from my username, the Lord is coming. Until then I guess I can talk to other people.

            I came to know the Lord in my early twenties, and have never looked back. He has been very good to me and my wife, through all the trouble, pain and suffering, He has remained. He brought us together after both praying for our soul mates, and it was clear the moment we met. I look forward to seeing some of you around.
            Howdy.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi there

              Welcome to Tweb.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Marana tha!
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                Comment


                • #9
                  Welcome to tweb.

                  Do you like apologetics, theology/biblical languages, or covid-19 topics?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks everyone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      Welcome to tweb.

                      Do you like apologetics, theology/biblical languages, or covid-19 topics?
                      That is a good question Mike. It is not biblical languages or Covid-19.

                      Probably a mix of theology and apologetics, with a dose of politics. Just the things that are interesting to me in those subjects.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                        That is a good question Mike. It is not biblical languages or Covid-19.

                        Probably a mix of theology and apologetics, with a dose of politics. Just the things that are interesting to me in those subjects.
                        What is your favorite way of "applying" your Christianity? Or, maybe "expressing" it? What gives you Joy in serving the Lord?
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                          That is a good question Mike. It is not biblical languages or Covid-19.

                          Probably a mix of theology and apologetics, with a dose of politics. Just the things that are interesting to me in those subjects.
                          Just a footnote...
                          The biblical languages section actually is the main area for discussing the books of the bible.

                          The theology section is more concerning broad concepts like predestination or the Trinity. (There is a discussion on the Trinity in Apologetics or the general religion area -- this opens up the discussion to people beyond orthodox Christians).

                          TWEB is not too strict on these. An atheist could discuss the Trinity in the Theology area in many situations -- generally restricted to examination within a Christian perspective -- but not to debate whether God exists.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            Just a footnote...
                            The biblical languages section actually is the main area for discussing the books of the bible.

                            The theology section is more concerning broad concepts like predestination or the Trinity. (There is a discussion on the Trinity in Apologetics or the general religion area -- this opens up the discussion to people beyond orthodox Christians).

                            TWEB is not too strict on these. An atheist could discuss the Trinity in the Theology area in many situations -- generally restricted to examination within a Christian perspective -- but not to debate whether God exists.
                            Bottom line - just read the Forum's description, as it will tell you who can post, etc...
                            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              What is your favorite way of "applying" your Christianity? Or, maybe "expressing" it? What gives you Joy in serving the Lord?
                              That is a deep question. The most joy for now comes from expressing it with my wife, or any other who will listen. In song and prayer are also excellent. In times past it was different. When we helped out in children's ministry, I really enjoyed time with the 4-5 year olds, marching them around and singing. We also enjoyed the hectic running the nursery at a very large church.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Terraceth, 10-17-2020, 04:03 AM
                              3 responses
                              30 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Started by moreta, 10-01-2020, 05:19 PM
                              6 responses
                              35 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DesertBerean  
                              Started by Andius, 09-30-2020, 12:28 AM
                              6 responses
                              43 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X