Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Nice to see the forums back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see the forums back up

... but sad to see the archives gone.

Is there any plan to resurrect some of the archives?

(I know how much it sucks - it looks like the old "freeratio.org" site is shutting down, and the archives are up in the air.)

At least here it was just an accident. (That still sucks though.)

Anybody remember me? I did post here, long long ago.

*waves*

Sadly, we lost pretty much everything. And we haven't got everything back that we need.

Like notice and edit tags.

And mossy's smilies.

Good to see you!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Just how did it all crash?

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        Just how did it all crash?
        Resoundingly and fatally. And great was the crash thereof. And there was weeping throughout the land.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From the Book of Restoration and Prophesy...

And behold, the hard drive did rupture and all of the data was destroyed by fire and brimstone.
          And it came to pass that many months later theologyweb was resurrected, incorruptible.
          And behold, the new theologyweb hath backups and shall, ISP willing, live forever, and ever.

Comment

I remember you, Pete!

We can salvage a little from the Wayback Machine but most is gone.

Well, for now, anyway...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              And behold, the new theologyweb hath backups and shall, ISP willing, live forever, and ever.
              Archives are now stored on Golden DVDs, buried in the side of a mountain.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Archives are now stored on Golden DVDs, buried in the side of a mountain.
                and protected by the angel Punkinheadroni.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  From the Book of Restoration and Prophesy...

And behold, the hard drive did rupture and all of the data was destroyed by fire and brimstone.
                  And it came to pass that many months later theologyweb was resurrected, incorruptible.
                  False prophecy. There is no evidence. I won't believe it until I see mossy able to upload images without running out of "room"!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Welcome back! I remember you.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      False prophecy. There is no evidence. I won't believe it until I see mossy able to upload images without running out of "room"!
                      Get thee to a nunnery! If anyone shall deny the power of the prophesy thereof, they shall be cursed to wander imageless for eternity (or until we can get the IT guys to fix the bug).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X