Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Spiritual Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritual Food

Hello everyone. :-)

It's nice to see that good old TWeb is still here!

As Spiritus Naturae said, it's been quite a few years. I also thought I'd pop on, waxing nostalgic and all that.

And I desperately need some spiritual food, so who has the dark chocolate? Even better, who has the dark chocolate stout?!!

All science, even the divine science, is a sublime detective story. Only it is not set to detect why a man is dead; but the darker secret of why he is alive. ― G.K. Chesterton

Welcome! Have some spiritual dark chocolate.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I sort of remember you.. how have you been?

Comment

Nice to see you again!

I might have the dark chocolate...............but if I do, I'm not telling!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Mmmm. Stout.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Mmmm. Stout.
            Stout dark chocolate?

Great Googly moogly! I checked before posting and...

Black-Chocolate-Stout.jpg
            Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

I was today years old when I learned that...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That just ruins the dark chocolate! What's wrong with you guys!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Bacon.

Thread won.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Stout dark chocolate?

I was today years old when I learned that...
                  I've had several of their varieties, but not that one. I'll have to track down a sample.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Welcome back!
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Stout dark chocolate?

Yes indeed: manna from heaven! (The drink itself: I've never tried that brand.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I sort of remember you.. how have you been?
                        It's a long story, Sparko. But it's a God-story, so a great one! Learning to really hear from the Lord and walk a lot closer with him, and learning to walk completely by faith, so I've had a lot of adventures with him.

All instigated by experiencing a Baptism of His Love. Totally unexpectedly and unasked for by me, since until I experienced it I had no idea it was even a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GKC_fan View Post

It's a long story, Sparko. But it's a God-story, so a great one! Learning to really hear from the Lord and walk a lot closer with him, and learning to walk completely by faith, so I've had a lot of adventures with him.

All instigated by experiencing a Baptism of His Love. Totally unexpectedly and unasked for by me, since until I experienced it I had no idea it was even a thing.
                          Hoping you will share your testimony and tell what GKC stands for, also which continent you're from?

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post

Hoping you will share your testimony and tell what GKC stands for, also which continent you're from?
                            Chesterton. One of his more interesting book titles is The Heresy of Orthodoxy. I keep meaning to read that.
                            He also wrote the Father Brown stories.

ETA

OOPS. I had Heresy of Orthodoxy misfiled - it isn't one of his.

One of my favourite quotes (from the introduction to his book Orthodoxy): I am the man who with utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before.
                            Last edited by tabibito; 08-27-2022, 02:27 PM.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              Chesterton. One of his more interesting book titles is The Heresy of Orthodoxy. I keep meaning to read that.
                              He also wrote the Father Brown stories.

OOPS. I had Heresy of Orthodoxy misfiled - it isn't one of his.
                              You were close, tabibito: Heretics; Orthodoxy; The Everlasting Man; The Man Who Was Thursday and all his others are all fantastic.

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              One of my favourite quotes (from the introduction to his book Orthodoxy): I am the man who with utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before.
                              LOL; yes, he was/is quite the quotemeister.

“The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.”

His poems are also amazing: "A Ballade of Suicide"; "By the Babe Unborn"; "The Song of Right and Wrong"; "The Rolling English Road".

And his epic book-length poem, The Ballad of the White Horse. You can read many at Chesterton.org and his books at OpenLibrary.org. And the American Chesterton Society holds a festive fan conference every year.

Through his brilliant books and newspaper and magazine articles, Chesterton was a huge influence on C.S. Lewis (and many other people) becoming a believer.

"Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936) cannot be summed up in one sentence. Nor in one paragraph. In fact, in spite of the fine biographies that have been written of him, he has never been captured between the covers of one book. But rather than waiting to separate the goats from the sheep, let’s just come right out and say it: G.K. Chesterton was the best writer of the 20th century. He said something about everything and he said it better than anybody else. But he was no mere wordsmith. He was very good at expressing himself, but more importantly, he had something very good to express. The reason he was the greatest writer of the 20th century was because he was also the greatest thinker of the 20th century."

"G.K. Chesterton has helped millions break the bonds of spiritual isolation and despair."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X