Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Yes, it's me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, it's me

I was intending to do this and got sidetracked into another thread and got recognized by One Bad Pig, so I'd better do it now.

I used to be a regular here many many years ago. Some of you may remember me. I'm kind of popping in for a while to revisit old days. Not sure how long I'll stay. So, what's happened? Rather than write a huge TL;DR screed I'll hit some high spots and if anyone is interested, I'll expand them on request.

I will be 81 later this month. Still pretty healthy. Had a brush with bladder cancer last year. In remission now.

Got divorced.

Retired at the age of 72. I love it. Bucket list - working on learning to play as many musical instruments as I can before I fall off the twig.

Moved to Nebraska three years ago. I like it here.

Living happily with an unmarried partner. Had enough of marriage for one life time.

The much vaunted conversion to Christianity lasted several years, but eventually faded away. I'm left with a sense of peace. Not quite sure how to describe myself now, hence the tag.

All the best to all my old friends. Hello to the rest of you. :-)

Welcome back. I hope you have a beneficial time here.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

We are delighted to have you back with us!

A lot of changes around here, as well as in your life, it appears. We had a big crash late in 2013 that took several months to recover from.

All the former owners decided to leave to deal with their own lives, so it has fallen to a few of us old-timers to take over.

Sparky, One Bad Pig, Bill the Cat, and me (cuz these guys need someone to keep them in line! )

The site runs pretty much the same as it always did.
      Last edited by mossrose; 01-05-2022, 07:46 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Welcome!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I remember you Alien. Welcome back!

Comment

Wow long time no see! Good to see you.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X