Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Of Cabbages and Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Cabbages and Kings

I had a great cole slaw recipe to post but I thought better of it...

It has been quite a few years. I thought I'd pop on, waxing nostalgic and all that. I'll be 50 in September. Sure that has a bit to do with it.

You made it!

Welcome back!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        You made it!

Welcome back!

I did! I did! How have you been? I'm glad to see it's all up and running still.

Was over in the Memorial Garden...I remember all those names. Time slips away so very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritus Naturae View Post

I did! I did! How have you been? I'm glad to see it's all up and running still.

Was over in the Memorial Garden...I remember all those names. Time slips away so very fast.
          I've been well. Getting older, like the rest of us.

When were you last here? We had a big crash in late 2013, and a bit later on the original owners left, and now Sparky and Raphael and One Bad Pig and I are in charge.

And last fall we did a big upgrade, so the site works a little differently.

Yes, we've lost some good friends over the years, for sure.
          Last edited by mossrose; 05-10-2021, 10:12 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think I remember seeing your name in the archives before the crash. I don't think I ever interacted with you directly though.

Comment

All hail Brassica! The Great Cabbage has returned!

cabbagefu.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                All hail Brassica! The Great Cabbage has returned!

cabbagefu.gif
                I remember well the deadly (noxious) art of cabbage fu! HeeeYahh!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritus Naturae View Post

I remember well the deadly (noxious) art of cabbage fu! HeeeYahh!
                  My Ninja Squirrel Assassins have studied this. Does the master have any tips or words of advice he cares to pass on?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just do not speak of Cauliflower - it is of the devil.

Comment

Just do not speak of Cauliflower - it is of the devil.
                      I thought tomatoes had that distinction.

Comment

I thought tomatoes had that distinction.
                        only raw ones.

Comment

only raw ones.
                          Maybe...........

Comment

I thought tofu matoes had that distinction.
                            FIFY, n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              My Ninja Squirrel Assassins have studied this. Does the master have any tips or words of advice he cares to pass on?
                              Ah yes I remember well those squirrelly marauders!

I was gone for a bit, trying to gather as many cabbages as I could so as to defeat the cauliflower menace.

The cauliflower have infiltrated the upper echelons of the world's governments. Let's expose them with the power of cabbage!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X