Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

California's Physician-Assisted Suicide Bill: Dead on Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by fm93 View Post
    I like that this is in a subforum called Pro-Life Activism, but has the section expanded to encompass topics besides just abortion?
    I posted a number of times about assisted suicide in this section on the old site.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Back on topic:

Who knows? Maybe there is hope for California, after all!
    I hope so since I live here but that might just be a fluke just wait till next election when they put it on the ballot as a proposition if they get enough signatures.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
    It's important to realize there are victories from time to time; even now:
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/gle...tion-bill.html
    Back on topic:

Who knows? Maybe there is hope for California, after all!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    It's all about the sanctity of human life.

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied
    Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
    From other pro-life websites I follow, I got the impression that "Pro-Life" doesn't just entail abortion but other issues such as physician assisted suicide as well. Thats why I posted it in this sub-forum.
    Okay. It's just that literally every thread I've ever seen here has been about abortion, so I was just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    KT is correct. Pro-life is not limited to abortion nor has it ever been.

Leave a comment:

• Knowing Thomas
    replied
    I like that this is in a subforum called Pro-Life Activism, but has the section expanded to encompass topics besides just abortion?
    From other pro-life websites I follow, I got the impression that "Pro-Life" doesn't just entail abortion but other issues such as physician assisted suicide as well. Thats why I posted it in this sub-forum.

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied

Leave a comment:

• California's Physician-Assisted Suicide Bill: Dead on Arrival

It's important to realize there are victories from time to time; even now:
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/gle...tion-bill.html
    At least until 2016, California's End of Life Option Act is dead. Sponsors of the controversial measure on Tuesday withdrew it from the California Assembly Health Committee after a majority of the committee indicated they would vote against it.
    Latino Democrats, who represent heavily Roman Catholic districts, were a decisive factor in the bill's withdrawal. But months ago, 54 Catholic, evangelical, disability-rights, and physician's groups joined Californians Against Assisted Suicide in its public campaign against SB 128, the Senate-approved bill. Joni and Friends, the Christian Medical and Dental Association, and Concerned Women for America joined the campaign.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X