Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Leave Bristol Palin alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Bristol Palin alone

As you've probably heard, Bristol Palin is pregnant with her second child. The reason she is getting so much grief is because she was getting paid $200,000 to promote abstinence. So, yes, she has been caught being a major hypocrite.

I am going to argue we should not join in on shaming her. As I posted in another thread a few weeks ago, it is not a sin to be unmarried and pregnant; it is a sin to have sex outside of marriage. Bristol may not be very sympathetic because of her job, but think about other women who have a lot invested in not being pregnant. Maybe a single woman in your church. If these people get condemned for being pregnant, all it does is encourage them to seek an abortion before anybody finds out... and I have no doubt this happens all the time.

(For the record, I do think Bristol was a poor choice to have been promoting abstinence given that she became pregnant out of wedlock in a very high profile manner previously.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

"Celebrity Kids" often end up in trouble. It's a shame.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      "Celebrity Kids" often end up in trouble. It's a shame.
      Yep. I feel bad for her; she didn't choose to become thrust into the spotlight.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        But she DID choose to cash in on that fame and take a LOT of money to endorse and promote a lifestyle she did not uphold...so I'm torn. I see your point about how it could cause those in a similar situation to abort rather than endure the shaming...but what about the other side of the coin? We look the other way because of it? No win situation...
        That's true. I guess the way I see it is she's gotten so much criticism from all quarters already that I don't see a point in piling on any more.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          That's true. I guess the way I see it is she's gotten so much criticism from all quarters already that I don't see a point in piling on any more.
          Yeah, she's taken a lot of heat for it... No surprise, the 'ever-classy' Gawker Media took the opportunity to blast her.

ETA: Besides, it's more up to her physical family (not to mention church family) to dish out the rebukes more than some goofballs on the interwebz.
          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 06-27-2015, 04:48 PM.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Hmmm...well...your thread was the first I had heard of it actually...
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Hmmm...well...your thread was the first I had heard of it actually...
              Yeah, me too.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Moderator Notice

Please keep with the topic of the OP anymore off topic posts will be deleted.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Comment