Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Doing something to stop abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing something to stop abortion

What can an individual like me do something to persuade pregnant women to not have an abortion? What can I do to fight abortion? I'm asking because I recently heard a sermon about abortion and I've been reading about the subject. Is it a worthwhile endeavor to try to fight abortion?

Find a local pro-life group and get involved. Ask your Pastor if he knows of one you could talk to. And FIGHT.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Find a local pro-life group and get involved. Ask your Pastor if he knows of one you could talk to. And FIGHT.
      I'll find out about different pro-life groups and crisis pregnancy centers.
      Last edited by Jaxb; 05-27-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxb View Post
        I'll find out about different pro-life groups and crisis pregnancy centers.
        Some of the pregnancy centers run resale shops - people donate clothing, toys, appliances, and the resale shops sell the stuff for profit to help the pregnancy center, and/or sell them really cheap (or give them away) to expectant mothers.

There are a lot of aspects to the pro-life equation.

If we're going to convince a woman not to have an abortion, we need to help her care for the baby.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Some of the pregnancy centers run resale shops - people donate clothing, toys, appliances, and the resale shops sell the stuff for profit to help the pregnancy center, and/or sell them really cheap (or give them away) to expectant mothers.

There are a lot of aspects to the pro-life equation.

If we're going to convince a woman not to have an abortion, we need to help her care for the baby.
          I agree. We need to help her to take care of her baby, not just tell her to avoid having an abortion.

Comment

I agree. We need to help her to take care of her baby, not just tell her to avoid having an abortion.
            And she will tell her friends, some of whom may have been wondering how they would care for a baby that would be born without a family support system, or a dad, or whatever...
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Many crisis pregnancy centers offer counseling services to women. Do you think it would be appropriate for men to counsel women?

Comment

Depends. It would not be appropriate for there to only be male counselors.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Many crisis pregnancy centers offer counseling services to women. Do you think it would be appropriate for men to counsel women?
                  In a professional role, and as a standard for life in general, I never allow myself to be in a position where I'm counseling women without another female (my wife, secretary, another church member) in the room, or at least within sight. The women who need counseling services in a pregnancy center setting are particularly vulnerable, so I think the standard should be even higher there.

You really don't want to put yourself in that position.

Our pregnancy center (don't know about others) actually has counseling services for the men involved in these decisions - the birth father of the child being considered for abortion. That would be an excellent opportunity for a guy to counsel those men. (The counseling involves whether the man stays involved in the life of the non-aborted child, how to be supportive, legal options, etc)

Comment

I do know that at least one local crisis pregnancy center will not use men as counselors. There are other areas men can serve in.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

From my experience archives. The best way is on an individual field level one at a time. A friend of mine approached me who did not know what to do. I encouraged her to find out how far along she was so I sent her to a Catholic crisis pregnancy center which charged nothing and I knew had all forms and services she would need. Medicaid Tang snap housing adoption if she chose it and fully donated items if she kept the baby. I also informed her of the risks of having a free standing clinic abortion a and suggested that if she made this decision she went to a hospital clinic where she would have full care. Then my mother me and some friends prayed for God to guide her decision process. She went to the Catholic social service clinic and chose to proceed with the pregnancy after feeling empowered from their support that she could do this. The story has a sad ending. She bled out and miscarried two or three weeks later. Requiring a d and c. She went to the hospital women's clinic and they did give full follow up care.
                      The real work is not with those who provide abortion but those who feel they need one.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp
                        Give people condoms

Just, like, all the condoms.
                        You're not supposed to be in this forum - and I bet you knew that.

Comment

Other forums on this site that exclude people say so in their descriptions. This one doesn't and it even has a thread about pro-life atheists in it.

Plus, my suggestion will reduce the number of abortions, so, win-win

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            Other forums on this site that exclude people say so in their descriptions. This one doesn't and it even has a thread about pro-life atheists in it.

It doesn't say it in the description (not sure why), but there is a Guidelines thread that says so.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                              Other forums on this site that exclude people say so in their descriptions.
                              And this one is no exception. http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/announcement.php?f=43

This one doesn't and it even has a thread about pro-life atheists in it.
                              And you aren't one, are you?

But it will not help someone who is considering having one, so it is irrelevant to this thread. Now, please kindly exit the thread.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X