Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christian Group Purchases Abortion Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    The current movie - Unplanned - is about this very situation...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Just a quick update - I Googled "Abortion" for College Station, Texas, and this is the first hit...

http://www.hopepregnancy.org/

hope.jpg

This is in the building where Planned Pregnancy had been operating, and they are fully operational as a Christian counseling service. Several ladies from our Church volunteer there, and were sharing some really wonderful testimonies.

This room in the STD testing center was formerly a place of death, and the metal revolving door is the same door through which abortion mill workers passed the bodies of babies killed in abortion from the procedure room into the lab for examination.

source

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I'll have to get my sources together, and find some of the testimonies, but there are women who had gone to this place for abortions (some of them actually proceeded to have the abortions, others "chickened out"). Since it's been run as a Christian entity, many of these women have been "drawn back" for answers - comfort, counseling, healing.... It's like going back to the scene of the crime to try to understand what actually happened.

Leave a comment:

• Draco Dei
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Which is exactly why it was thought, "why try to hide the fact that we're purchasing this for God's Glory --- God will BLESS the effort".

And He did, and is.
    Good enough, but I'm with the other ten Boom sister on this one.

If one wants to pour water on your altar before asking God to light it up then that is fine (was it Baal that had child sacrifice? Would be poetical ironic if so.). My personal preference is for Matthew 10:16 “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves."... with an emphasis on the 'serpents' part.

On the other hand I'm not much with social relations so it is almost certainly the case that misdirection would have been poor long-term strategy in this case.
    Last edited by Draco Dei; 07-30-2015, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
    Abortion doesn't always stop a beating heart. At least I don't think an embryo implants after it forms a heart.
    Does not alter the truth of the message.

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    This is interesting ... the "other side" views this as "sneaky"....

Source: Care2.com

Anti-Abortion Groups Sneaks Into Old Planned Parenthood Building

Like many of the reproductive health clinics and abortion clinics forced to close in Texas over the last few years, the loss of the Planned Parenthood affiliate in Bryan Station, Texas, was heavily felt by its community. In part impacted by the state legislature’s anti-choice agenda, which stripped and defunded Planned Parenthood clinics and stopped them from being able to offer testing for STIs, birth control options and other family planning and sexual health services, the clinic closed like so many others in the state, an event that caused a crisis in women’s health.

The situation became so volatile, even massively anti-abortion legislators agreed that family planning and sexual health clinics needed to be supported again. That was no doubt part of what led to the Bryan Station community’s excitement when it learned that a “sexually-transmitted disease clinic” would be moving in to the old Planned Parenthood building next year.

The problem? It’s also housing an anti-abortion activist group.

© Copyright Original Source

They don't even know that it's "Bryan, Texas" -- they cite "Bryan Station, Texas". It's a twin cities kind of thing ... Bryan / College Station.
    yes, because sneaking around = selling to a group who listed their actual name on the documents...

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Abortion doesn't always stop a beating heart. At least I don't think an embryo implants after it forms a heart.
    A surgical one would. The kind that would kill an embryo in the first couple of weeks would be a chemically induced abortion.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Dragule
    replied
    Yes, it's there today, and is being used as a pregnancy center and clinic. Planned Parenthood is kicked out, and Christians run it. Instead of counseling women to have abortions, they're encouraging them not to, and providing prenatal, postnatal, children's services, etc.
    That is one of the best Christian responses I have heard of to abortion. God bless them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Does anyone know what happened to the facility after it was purchased, like what is there today?
    The impression I got from the second article posted from the other side is that other services besides abortion were also offered, hence they were able to word it that way. If this is true, is there an alternative offered? I know in CA, Planned Parenthood is a women's health provider as well as likely source of abortion.
    Yes, it's there today, and is being used as a pregnancy center and clinic. Planned Parenthood is kicked out, and Christians run it. Instead of counseling women to have abortions, they're encouraging them not to, and providing prenatal, postnatal, children's services, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Dragule
    replied
    Does anyone know what happened to the facility after it was purchased, like what is there today?
    The impression I got from the second article posted from the other side is that other services besides abortion were also offered, hence they were able to word it that way. If this is true, is there an alternative offered? I know in CA, Planned Parenthood is a women's health provider as well as likely source of abortion.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Dragule
    replied
    This is a picture of from the "bad old days".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3587[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-29-2015, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I think this is the ultimate in hypocrisy, from that same article...

Source: care2.com

It’s also interesting to speculate the ways in which Texas taxpayers themselves are likely subsidizing the 40 Days for Life operation, now that it will be residing in a building that likely is receiving state funds as part of Texas’s policy of giving taxpayer dollars to pregnancy centers. Although the state may not be writing 40 Days a check directly, no doubt it will be benefiting financially from its relationship with Hope Pregnancy Center, which the state provides funding to.

© Copyright Original Source

The way these bloodthirsty babykillers move money around and use taxpayer funding to accomplish their murders....

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    "Sneaks"? Really? Good thing you listened to the Holy Spirit about using that LLC! There no way they really can claim Planned Parenthood didn't know who they were dealing with.
    I think this may be like when Israel blows up a facility in Iran, and the US has to feign shock and disapproval.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    "Sneaks"? Really? Good thing you listened to the Holy Spirit about using that LLC! There no way they really can claim Planned Parenthood didn't know who they were dealing with.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X