Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Partial Birth abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I'm actually wondering if--rather than being few and far between--the circumstances even exist at all. Does anyone have any example in which an abortion was required to save a mother's life?
    I have never heard of any.

Of course, you could probably go to Planned Parenthood and they will have thousands of examples.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    It has always been an excuse for the pro-death side to use to push their agenda. The circumstances of the mother's life being at risk is very few and far between.
    I'm actually wondering if--rather than being few and far between--the circumstances even exist at all. Does anyone have any example in which an abortion was required to save a mother's life?

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    So you're saying that an abortion to save the life of the mother is basically a myth? I have suspected this.
    It has always been an excuse for the pro-death side to use to push their agenda. The circumstances of the mother's life being at risk is very few and far between.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    There are a couple of very rare immune disorders that onset late in pregnancy however the genuine solution is to deliver the baby and let life take its natural course. There is no reason to outright kill a baby. the old D&X procedure has no use except if the baby is dead and cannot be removed from the uterus and now typically that is done via c-section. It really has no place in society. At one point it had a place but only when the mother and baby were dying and a c-section was unavailable. And this was probably 50 -60 years ago when it last had an actual use. Now none. In a foreign country....it might.
    So you're saying that an abortion to save the life of the mother is basically a myth? I have suspected this.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    There are a couple of very rare immune disorders that onset late in pregnancy however the genuine solution is to deliver the baby and let life take its natural course. There is no reason to outright kill a baby. the old D&X procedure has no use except if the baby is dead and cannot be removed from the uterus and now typically that is done via c-section. It really has no place in society. At one point it had a place but only when the mother and baby were dying and a c-section was unavailable. And this was probably 50 -60 years ago when it last had an actual use. Now none. In a foreign country....it might.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    What is an example of a case where the mother's life is in danger?
    If mom has preeclampsia/eclampsia, the kid's going to be induced. Hopefully after 23/24 weeks. But there wouldn't be a reason to kill the kid, just move the kid to a crib or incubator.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    If any Christians are actively pro choice/abortioniists, maybe they'll have to do the unpleasant tasks of raising kids in the New Jerusalem. Except that would only be a few years... then they can clean toilets.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    It is quite often normal healthy babies. Hydrocephalus is found in only about .02% of births. I once read an atricle by a doctor saying there are virtually no cases where the life of the mother is in danger.
    What is an example of a case where the mother's life is in danger?

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    There is a clause in RvW called the "collapse clause". I do not know why Laci and Conner's Law didn't invoke that...
    Though there is the funny double standard that if a wanted fetus is murdered, that's a horrendous crime! Schroedinger's fetus: is only a person if wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    There has been no abortion law in Canada for decades. Abortion is performed here up to and including the point of birth. That means partial birth abortions are relatively common here.

And the taxpayers foot the bill for each and every murder.

Lord, have mercy.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Stupid Roe v. Wade. I heard it was the equivalent of seeing movement in the bushes and shooting because you don't know what it is. Or demolishing a building that a child may have run into.
    There is a clause in RvW called the "collapse clause". I do not know why Laci and Conner's Law didn't invoke that...

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Stupid Roe v. Wade. I heard it was the equivalent of seeing movement in the bushes and shooting because you don't know what it is. Or demolishing a building that a child may have run into.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    There has been no abortion law in Canada for decades. Abortion is performed here up to and including the point of birth. That means partial birth abortions are relatively common here.

I think it is going to take one or two first world countries to have the courage to declare the unborn as actual members of our species for the rest to come along behind them and overturn this barbaric practice.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Maybe she threatened to commit suicide unless her baby died? But that would merit her a trip to the psych ward...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X