Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Partial Birth abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teallaura
    replied
    Fallacious logic: Supplying Abortion Advocates Since 1972

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Are there people that really believe that fetal mortality is a reason for abortion to be okay? Or that since the dead child will go to heaven, that makes it okay? Under the previous logic, there would be nothing wrong with murdering Christians!

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    When my youngest daughter (now a beautiful young adult woman) was little, I jokingly told her I was "gonna whoop her little tush". She looked real serious at me, and said, "and if you do, I'll call that toll-free child abuse number". I responded, "OK, and if you call that number you're going to NEED it!" We both know we were kidding, but today I'd probably go to jail for saying that.
    I told my son the other day that if he called the police on me and my "cruel and unusual punishment" of no dinner for not washing the dishes, he'd better call UHaul too.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Than any child abuse in the home should be under "right of privacy". I know the phrase is usually said in jest, but I wonder if some people actually believe "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it"?
    When my youngest daughter (now a beautiful young adult woman) was little, I jokingly told her I was "gonna whoop her little tush". She looked real serious at me, and said, "and if you do, I'll call that toll-free child abuse number". I responded, "OK, and if you call that number you're going to NEED it!" We both know we were kidding, but today I'd probably go to jail for saying that.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Than any child abuse in the home should be under "right of privacy". I know the phrase is usually said in jest, but I wonder if some people actually believe "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it"?

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    We actually deal with that in the law - when we believe another person has the ability and intent to kill us, and the threat is imminent, it is "justifiable" to use deadly force. It would be incredibly rare that such a tiny person could present such a threat.
    Yes, I am familiar with justifiable homicide. I was referring to the so-called right to privacy.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    May God have mercy on us all. And convict them into repenting! Maybe. Is it possible for God to help the pro-choice people and abortionists to realize that abortion is wrong and they need Jesus?

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    It's sick that some abortionist feels great about murdering a million unborn babies. And saline sounds like a horrible way to kill a baby. Why is it that animals are killed more humanly then developing humans? Sick.
    One word, Evil.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    It's sick that some abortionist feels great about murdering a million unborn babies. And saline sounds like a horrible way to kill a baby. Why is it that animals are killed more humanly then developing humans? Sick.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    C-sections are an ancient practice. They are named after Julius Caesar who was born that way and AFAICT pre-date him considerably.
    ermm the part about Julius Cesar is a myth. Generaly if you were born by c-section the mother died right away. they didn't think it was necessary to stitch up things. considering Cesars mother was old and lived a long time welll.... however it was an old procedure reseverd for dire circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Maybe before C-sections were an option and the fetus was already dead?
    C-sections are an ancient practice. They are named after Julius Caesar who was born that way and AFAICT pre-date him considerably.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Not quite, but almost. That is an extremely rare case. Many doctors have said that there is no medical condition that requires partial birth abortion. I suppose that could be not absolutely true, but close.
    Maybe before C-sections were an option and the fetus was already dead?

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    So you're saying that an abortion to save the life of the mother is basically a myth? I have suspected this.
    Not quite, but almost. That is an extremely rare case. Many doctors have said that there is no medical condition that requires partial birth abortion. I suppose that could be not absolutely true, but close.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    From the BBC (not exactly a pro-life friendly source):

Source: I survived an abortion attempt

Gianna Jessen's mother was seven-and-a-half months pregnant when it was decided to abort the foetus she was carrying.

A saline solution was injected into Gianna's mother's womb, which doctors thought would kill the foetus within hours.

This time, most unusually, the procedure failed and Gianna was born alive, thanks in part to a shocked nurse.

She was so taken aback by Gianna's live delivery that she summoned an ambulance to whisk her from the abortion clinic to the hospital.

She weighed only two pounds at birth and needed to stay in hospital for nearly three months.

In an ironic twist of fate the abortionist had to sign her birth certificate.

Now American-born Gianna, aged 28, is in London to give her message against abortion.

Unusual case

Pro-choice groups say that while hers is a distressing story it is unusual and that guidelines are in place in the UK to stop live births after abortions.

The legal limit for abortion in the UK is 24 weeks. The only exceptions to this is where a woman's life is in danger or if there is a real risk that the child, if born, would have a severe physical or mental disability.

In those cases, there is no legal time limit.

Gianna, a committed Christian, is opposed to abortion.

She has cerebral palsy as a direct result of the procedure carried out on her in the womb.

"The saline solution injected into the mother is to burn the baby, which gulps it in the womb," she said.

"But after being literally burned alive for 18 hours I was delivered live.

"It says on my records that I was born after a saline abortion.

"I was not expected to be delivered live but fortunately for me the abortionist was not in the clinic when I arrived alive instead of dead.

"I was born about 6am and my 'birth' was not expected until about 9am, when he would be arriving for his office hours.

"There were many witnesses to my entry into this world.

"My biological mother and other young girls at the clinic, who also awaited the death of their babies, were the first to greet me and I am told this was a hysterical moment."

Bleak outlook

Initially the prognosis for Gianna, who comes from Tennessee, was poor.

Because of her cerebral palsy her foster mother was told that she was unlikely to ever crawl or walk.

She, however, was determined and eventually learned to sit, crawl and then stand.

She started to walk with leg braces and by the age of four was walking with the aid of a walker - now she walks without any assistance.

She refuses to let her cerebral palsy blight her life and is currently training for the London marathon.

But she says her determination can cause her problems.

"I am often misunderstood, which is often the most painful.

"My determination not to give up is often misunderstood as being over confident.

"But it is not that. I am just determined not to give up. I am just not a quitter.

"Being almost murdered in the womb and then having to struggle from the moment I was delivered means I have a love of life and a joy of life."

Forgiveness

Gianna has never met her biological mother, but her adopted mother has and passed on Gianna's forgiveness.

Her biological parents were both just 17 when Gianna was born.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The story continues at the link above
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X