Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pro Life Atheists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Hmmmm.... I have some agnostic friends who really get irritated when they're lumped in with atheists, but...
    You can't please everyone...

So, edit the thing and add 'agnostic' and 'non-theist'...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    Personally, I'm pro-birth control.
    Me, too! If you don't want babies, control yourself*!

*obviously the notable exception is women forced against their will to engage in sex.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Hmmmm.... I have some agnostic friends who really get irritated when they're lumped in with atheists, but...
    It's about the reputation. I prefer "nontheist" myself, or "very much none of the above," which is what I use when students ask. It's kind of like "feminist." Most of us are feminists, if we go by the actual definition (and most of are us are "liberals" too, by that score), but the words get associated with so much crazy crap that no one wants to be identified with them.

Personally, I'm pro-birth control.

As ever, Jesse

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    See? Here's one of my friends who doesn't claim to be an atheist (I ALWAYS spell that ahtiest, then have to correct it! ) and is pro-life!

Originally posted by CMD View Post
    I am pro life, and I do not believe in the existence of any deities (though I am not even remotely certain that none exist and am entirely open to the possibility).

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    I am pro life, and I do not believe in the existence of any deities (though I am not even remotely certain that none exist and am entirely open to the possibility).

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Not sure, but it would seem for the purpose of this poll, both would be included in the "atheist" category since that's the only "non-theist" one...

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Does C claim to be an atheist, or an agnostic?
    Not sure, but it would seem for the purpose of this poll, both would be included in the "atheist" category since that's the only "non-theist" one...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I don't understand the poll... are you asking what WE are? Or does that relate to the title -- dealing with...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    I know Carrikature is one, but I believe he is in the process of moving?
    Does C claim to be an atheist, or an agnostic?

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    I know Carrikature is one, but I believe he is in the process of moving?

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    started a poll Pro Life Atheists

Pro Life Atheists

Atheist
    11.11%
    Agnostic
    25.00%
    Non-Theist
    0.00%
    Christian
    58.33%
    Theist (Other Religion)
    2.78%
    Theist (Unaffiliated)
    2.78%
    I know they exist - I used to be one. Any hanging around here?
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X