Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

An unlikely ally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unlikely ally

I found out today that Anton LaVey (founder of the Church of Satan) was pro-life. (Gretchen Passatino posted this on Facebook; her source was multiple personal conversations with him. It stemmed from his philosophy that took the idea of human liberty to an extremeabout as far as it could possibly go ; he did apply it consistently to unborn children.)

This is interesting in light of what some Satanists are doing in Oklahoma to try to use the Hobby Lobby decision in support of abortion.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

How is the Hobby Lobby decision seen as supportive of abortion?
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

It isn't - they are using it as a rallying cry.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        It isn't - they are using it as a rallying cry.
        It makes a certain amount of sense if you look at using (pill) contraception as not being an abortificant. More unwanted pregnancies - more abortions.
        I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I found out today that Anton LaVey (founder of the Church of Satan) was pro-life. (Gretchen Passatino posted this on Facebook; her source was multiple personal conversations with him. It stemmed from his philosophy that took the idea of human liberty to an extremeabout as far as it could possibly go ; he did apply it consistently to unborn children.)

This is interesting in light of what some Satanists are doing in Oklahoma to try to use the Hobby Lobby decision in support of abortion.
          Cool.
          I am become death...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X