Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Planned Parenthood Awards Clinic For "Exceeding Abortion Visits"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planned Parenthood Awards Clinic For "Exceeding Abortion Visits"

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, located in Las Vegas, Nevada (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's turf) gave its Aurua, Colorado abortion clinic an award for increasing the number of babies killed in abortions.

Source: Planned Parenthood Gives Clinic Award for 'Exceeding Abortion Visits' of Previous Year

Proving once and for all that Planned Parenthood's business is abortion, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave its Aurora abortion clinic an award certificate for "exceeding abortion visits [in the] first half of FY12 compared to the first half of FY13."

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is the 2nd largest Planned Parenthood facility in the U.S.

The picture of the award was snapped by a former worker who saw it posted on a bulletin board in Denver. The board displays awards satellite clinics have earned.

The award challenged the Planned Parenthood worker's thinking, since it showed that clinics were given abortion "quotas" to meet, and that this particular clinic had "exceeded" expectations and received an award for doing so.

From a blog post by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate:

Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities. Many abortion supporters refused to believe it, citing that surely Planned Parenthood wants abortion to be safe, legal and RARE. If they want something to be RARE, they certainly wouldn't have quotas, right?

Planned Parenthood had a net revenue of $1.21 billion last year, and received $540.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So much for wanting to make abortions rare but safe and legal when you award clinics for increasing the number of abortions
    Last edited by rogue06; 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, and people wonder why I am cynical.

Comment

This kind of thing makes me highly suspicious of the (frequent) pro-choice claim that abortion should be rare.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Did I ever mention this is one reason why I so desperately believe the first step to total abortion reform e.g. medical jeopardy only is the removal of the planned parenthood business all together?
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            This kind of thing makes me highly suspicious of the (frequent) pro-choice claim that abortion should be rare.
            Bingo.

I once challenged some pro-choice people by saying that it made little sense to want abortion to be rare if you were pro-choice because that seems to be admitting that something is wrong with it. They responded that it was because abortion is a harrowing emotional experience for women. So I got them to at least concede that much.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              Did I ever mention this is one reason why I so desperately believe the first step to total abortion reform e.g. medical jeopardy only is the removal of the planned parenthood business all together?
              At least separate the two facets of their business completely to start. They use the umbrella of other "womens' services" they provide to hide behind in order to snow the public away from their baby killing.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

Planned Parenthood lied to get into Aurora in the first place.

"To obtain the permits to build its facility, Planned Parenthood hid behind an entity named Gemini Office Development, LLC, "G.O.D.," which filed an application to build a for-profit, commercial medical office building that would rent space to physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals. But Planned Parenthood had obtained an $8 million loan from the Illinois Finance Authority on condition that its new Aurora facility be operated as a tax-free, not for profit entity."

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...suit-says.html

Comment

Do we expect any different from a company whose business has always been to prevent life and then to kill what it failed to prevent?
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Do we expect any different from a company whose business is based upon murdering babies for money?
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Why does it say First Half of FY12 Compared to FY13? People are using this photo to paint pro-lifers as stupid for believing in it.
                      Last edited by Christy; 07-04-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
                        Why does it say First Half of FY12 Compared to FY13? People are using this photo to paint pro-lifers as stupid for believing in it.

Um, it says 'first half of FY (Fiscal year) 12 compared to first half of FY13' - it's a weird comparison but a legit one.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I tend to be skeptical of Abby Johnson because I know a pro-life activist who got banned from her Facebook page for pointing out a factually incorrect argument she was making (I don't remember exactly what it was), but photo evidence counts for something in this case.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Um, it says 'first half of FY (Fiscal year) 12 compared to first half of FY13' - it's a weird comparison but a legit one.

It's written like a decrease though, having Fiscal Year 2012 compared to Fiscal Year 2013. Also, if you look at the wording, there's pixels around them that makes it look like it has been photo-shopped.
                            Last edited by Christy; 07-04-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
                              OK, I've googled all kinds of "fake" and "fraud" and other ways to see somebody expose this as how you are portraying it. Can you show WHO is using this to "paint pro-lifers as stupid"? I've checked snopes and truthorfiction, etc...
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X