Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Public opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public opinion

For years I have argued with a friend about abortion. Interestingly he is pro-life as am I but he does not think that anything anybody says or does will change anyone's mind on the issue. I disagree. I think with the advancements in technology like ultrasound (especially 3-D ultrasound) can definitely make people stop and think about any pro-abortion position that they hold.

Bernard Nathanson, one of the co-founders of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL) said he went from being one of America's most vocal and active supporters of abortion to being pro-life and would later find Christ as a result thanks to seeing an abortion take place using ultrasound. If someone like that can change his mind I think that anybody can.

Anywho... as for changing minds in general, Gallup polls have documented a major shift in opinion concerning abortion although the media still tries to portray the pro-life position as "extreme" and outside the mainstream.

Don't stop letting people know that you are pro-life and definitely explain why. We can and are making a difference.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I confess, I've been guilty of a little bit of defeatism in this regard. That poll is encouraging.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I confess, I've been guilty of a little bit of defeatism in this regard. That poll is encouraging.
        So is this.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow, that's extremely encouraging. Thank you.

Comment

Why would someone think it's ok to abort at 39 weeks!!!??? Really! Just induce labor/c-section! Why would a late term abortion ever be needed!!! Are those the same people that think infanticide after birth would be just fine also?!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Why would someone think it's ok to abort at 39 weeks!!!??? Really! Just induce labor/c-section! Why would a late term abortion ever be needed!!! Are those the same people that think infanticide after birth would be just fine also?!
              I had a thread on after-birth abortions that was lost in the crash. From Slate (described as a United States-based liberal, English language online current affairs and culture magazine created in 1996 by former New Republic editor Michael Kinsley)":
              Originally posted by After-Birth Abortion: The pro-choice case for infanticide
              ...“after-birth abortion” is a term invented by two philosophers, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. In the Journal of Medical Ethics, they propose:

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.

Source

Ann Furedi, head of the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS), the primary abortion provider in Britain, is on record as saying at the 2012 Fédération Internationale des Associés Professionnels de l'Avortement et de la Contraception (a.k.a., International Federation of Professional Abortion and Contraception Associates or FIAPAC) Congress that, “There is nothing magical about passing through the birth canal that transforms the fetus into a person" demonstrating her support for this concept.

This appears to be the opinion of BPAS's American counterpart, Planned Parenthood, when a lobbyist for their Florida affiliates, Alisa LaPolt Snow had the following exchange with Jim Boyd and Jose Oliva -- members of the Florida House of Representatives:
              "It is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

"We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow. . . .

Rep. Jose Oliva followed up, asking the Planned Parenthood official, "You stated that a baby born alive on a table as a result of a botched abortion that that decision should be left to the doctor and the family. Is that what you’re saying?”

Again, Snow replied, “That decision should be between the patient and the health care provider.”

You can see the exchange here:

Melissa Victoria Harris-Perry, who hosts a weekend news and opinion television show on MSNBC and was recently in the news for mocking Mitt Romney and his adopted black grandson (for which she later apologized for), appears to be another advocate of after-birth abortions based upon her comments on her show back on July 21: ""When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling -- but not science."

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                In a word, evil.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Wonder why they would complain about God killing us? He really did make us, and He can reverse the death process!
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The problem they have with God killing us is that it is an exercise of God's legitmate authority, authority that these people want for themselves.

Comment

What really irks me is that a lot of the same people who are OK with abortion will protest against eating meat or harming animals in any way. But killing an unborn human being is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        What really irks me is that a lot of the same people who are OK with abortion will protest against eating meat or harming animals in any way. But killing an unborn human being is just fine.

Comment

Don't show this Jody Mena, I doubt her heart will handle it.... heheheheheheheheheheheh.
                          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by phank
                            Is anyone allowed to post here, who thinks that abortion is a terrible thing, BUT that individual liberty is more important?
                            Not to me, but your logic is seriously flawed anyway because most people don't consider being able to murder other people to constitute individual liberty worth defending (quite the opposite). So the reverse could be asked of you? If you would allow abortion, would you not object if someone forcibly aborted you?
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by phank
                              Is anyone allowed to post here, who thinks that abortion is a terrible thing, BUT that individual liberty is more important?
                              From the Pro-Life Activism Forum Guidelines: "This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here."

If you want to debate the topics the place for them is in the Civics Forum.
                              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X