Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

NY governor: Pro-lifers not welcome in the state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY governor: Pro-lifers not welcome in the state

But don't take my word for it; here's the snippet of his comment right here.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/a...e-of-new-york/
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

We left New York (where my husband I were born and raised) in 2005 and haven't regretted it. This is downright embarrassing.
    sigpic
    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Meanwhile conservatives are busy trying to build a bigger tent largely comprised of people who hate them and everything they stand for. If only WE had some Cuomos.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

He has since insisted that that wasn't what he meant. He claims that he was referring instead to "extreme" candidates, not "extreme" citizens. Not sure how convincing that's supposed to sound....
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

It's the equivalent of jumping up off the sidewalk and telling everyone you meant to do that but you didn't mean to plant your face...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Meanwhile conservatives are busy trying to build a bigger tent largely comprised of people who hate them and everything they stand for. If only WE had some Cuomos.
            Yep, "big tent" usually means "punt on the social issues" as far as I can tell. But at least they are upfront about it.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Cuomo is demonstrating what many liberals mean by tolerance.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Cuomo is demonstrating what many liberals mean by tolerance.
                "Go forth and do likewise."
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The new mayor of NYC, Bill de Blasio, announced that he agrees with Cuomo’s comments “100 percent.” No surprise there. Three years ago when a Pro-Life group displayed a bill board that depicted a young black girl with the inscription, “The most dangerous place for an African American is in the womb” caused de Blasio to demand that it be removed declaring that, “The billboard simply doesn't belong in our city. The ad violates the values of New Yorkers.”

The billboard was removed by the company that owned it after some of those who opposed it threatened workers in the building located next to the billboard.

It was put up in response to a report released the previous month by the New York City Department of Health that revealed 41% of all pregnancies were terminated in the city in 2009 -- with 60% of those involving African-American women (other statics show that while comprising 13% of the American population African-Americans account for 36.4% of abortions in the country). Further, the three Planned Parenthood facilities nearest the billboard poster reported in the previous year that they had conducted nearly 17,000 abortions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Can we get Tim Keller to run next time?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The new mayor of NYC, Bill de Blasio, announced that he agrees with Cuomo’s comments “100 percent.” No surprise there. Three years ago when a Pro-Life group displayed a bill board that depicted a young black girl with the inscription, “The most dangerous place for an African American is in the womb” caused de Blasio to demand that it be removed declaring that, “The billboard simply doesn't belong in our city. The ad violates the values of New Yorkers.”

The billboard was removed by the company that owned it after some of those who opposed it threatened workers in the building located next to the billboard.

It was put up in response to a report released the previous month by the New York City Department of Health that revealed 41% of all pregnancies were terminated in the city in 2009 -- with 60% of those involving African-American women (other statics show that while comprising 13% of the American population African-Americans account for 36.4% of abortions in the country). Further, the three Planned Parenthood facilities nearest the billboard poster reported in the previous year that they had conducted nearly 17,000 abortions.
                      Those abortionists can't get anywhere with logic, reason, or lovingkindness. The only things those people know to do are violence and hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        He has since insisted that that wasn't what he meant. He claims that he was referring instead to "extreme" candidates, not "extreme" citizens. Not sure how convincing that's supposed to sound....
                        As a resident of NY, I am not convinced at all.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I read a mean-spirited rant today by a leftist trying to spin it as obviously referring to the politicians. Just man up and admit your guy said what he said.

Comment

It is all just talk. He can not limit who runs for office.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

ugh. If my parents weren't still in NY i would have moved to Spain.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X