// Required code

Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Beauty queen reveals she was 'product of rape'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beauty queen reveals she was 'product of rape'

    Source: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/07/miss-usa-contestant-pennsylvania-rape-valerie-gatto?hpt=hp_t3


    Miss Pennsylvania Valerie Gatto told Today.com that she's a "product of rape." The 24-year-old revealed her mother became pregnant with her at 19, following an assault at knifepoint. According to Gatto's website, she hopes her reign as the state's beauty queen will "inspire people of all ages and to teach others how to defy the odds and achieve their dreams."

    © Copyright Original Source






    My hope is that it shines some light on just why the product of a rape isn't deserving of death via abortion.
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    Amen, Bill.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

    Comment


    • #3
      Amen Indeed!

      I have NEVER understood the "I got raped so I need to kill the innocent baby" mentality...
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

      "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        Amen Indeed!

        I have NEVER understood the "I got raped so I need to kill the innocent baby" mentality...
        In some ways I can. The pregnancy itself is a constant reminder of the horrific ordeal that they just endured. Please don't think that this means that I condone it though.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The pregnancy itself is a constant reminder of the horrific ordeal that they just endured.
          Both my wife and I have been victims of sexual assault in our lives. Trust me when I say there is no way to be reminded "less" about it happening. It forever remains a part of you, no matter what you do.
          That's what
          - She

          Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

          I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          Stephen R. Donaldson

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            My hope is that it shines some light on just why the product of a rape isn't deserving of death via abortion.

            Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
            Amen Indeed!

            I have NEVER understood the "I got raped so I need to kill the innocent baby" mentality...

            Probably because this isn't actually the mentality. It's not a statement about what the baby deserves.
            I'm not here anymore.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Both my wife and I have been victims of sexual assault in our lives. Trust me when I say there is no way to be reminded "less" about it happening. It forever remains a part of you, no matter what you do.
              I've no doubt it's true that there's no way to be reminded less. I would actually disagree with Rogue here that it's about the constant reminder. Instead, I'd say that pregnancy through rape is an additional violation.
              I'm not here anymore.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                I've no doubt it's true that there's no way to be reminded less. I would actually disagree with Rogue here that it's about the constant reminder. Instead, I'd say that pregnancy through rape is an additional violation.
                I wonder if Ms. Gatto sees herself as an "additional violation"...
                That's what
                - She

                Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                Stephen R. Donaldson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  I wonder if Ms. Gatto sees herself as an "additional violation"...
                  The daughter was not the victim. She may understand at some level that her mother was raped, but I'm pretty sure you'd agree that people can't really understand it without having experienced it. Whatever the daughter feels about herself now does not tell us what she's felt at any time during her life, and it tells us nothing at all about what the mother felt when she found out she was pregnant. That last is what's really at issue, and your response here doesn't even address my claim on that point.
                  I'm not here anymore.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                    The daughter was not the victim. She may understand at some level that her mother was raped, but I'm pretty sure you'd agree that people can't really understand it without having experienced it. Whatever the daughter feels about herself now does not tell us what she's felt at any time during her life, and it tells us nothing at all about what the mother felt when she found out she was pregnant. That last is what's really at issue, and your response here doesn't even address my claim on that point.
                    But if the daughter had been aborted, in what way would she not have just been an additional victim?
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      But if the daughter had been aborted, in what way would she not have just been an additional victim?
                      I would say that she is an additional victim.
                      I'm not here anymore.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bill the Cat


                        This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.
                        If this is aimed at me, I'm not pro-choice.
                        I'm not here anymore.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                          If this is aimed at me, I'm not pro-choice.
                          I wasn't referring to that part. It is not a debate area.
                          That's what
                          - She

                          Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                          I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          Stephen R. Donaldson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            I would say that she is an additional victim.
                            Ah, ok. This didn't seem clear from your post. Thanks for clarifying.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              Ah, ok. This didn't seem clear from your post. Thanks for clarifying.
                              It wasn't, but I distinguish between the attitudes about the pregnancy and the status of the fetus. Bill, LittleJoe, and Rogue have all been discussing the former, and that's what my responses were geared to.
                              I'm not here anymore.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Littlejoe, 10-01-2020, 04:53 PM
                              5 responses
                              74 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Littlejoe  
                              Started by Christianbookworm, 02-13-2020, 09:52 PM
                              28 responses
                              4,375 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post thormas
                              by thormas
                               
                              Working...
                              X