Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren and Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Warren and Planned Parenthood

https://www.liveaction.org/news/eliz...ood-instagram/

Well-known white celebrities, politicians, and influencers joined together to hand over their social media accounts to Black women in an effort to bring their message of inclusion and justice to a wider audience. Some of the people who participated in the #ShareTheMic project were Black Lives Matter co-founder Opal Tometi and InStyle editor-at-large Kahlana Barfield Brown, who took over accounts from model Ashley Graham and actress Julia Roberts, respectively.

Former presidential candidate, Senator Elizabeth Warren, also participated, but her choice was more controversial: Planned Parenthood’s acting president, Alexis McGill Johnson. Considering the extensive eugenicist and racist history of Planned Parenthood and its continued contribution to the decimation of Black children in the womb, it’s an odd choice, even if the current acting president is a Black woman.

Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was an open eugenicist who argued that certain people — whom she dubbed “undesirables” — should not be allowed to breed. These people were largely disabled, poor, or minorities. The documentary Maafa 21 showed how Sanger and others in the eugenics movement even encouraged the dispersal of birth control agents in the drinking water of minority neighborhoods so women could not get pregnant. Sanger also accepted an invitation to speak to the the Ku Klux Klan, and launched what she called the “Negro Project,” a plan to push the idea of birth control in the Black community. She said:

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal.

We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

It is one of the most bizarre and creepy connections between liberal policies on reproduction today and the eugenicists of the past and what they argued about curbing reproduction of other races. I believe that most liberals mean well (useful idiots), but it really makes we wonder if there isn't some hidden racist agenda with at least some other liberals. But even with the liberals who mean well, it's hard for me to imagine they're completely clueless of the history.

Comment

Well, they seem to be in the process of getting rid of a lot of history now, so maybe they stick their fingers in their ears and cover their eyes and ignore inconvenient things about their agendas.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Well, they seem to be in the process of getting rid of a lot of history now, so maybe they stick their fingers in their ears and cover their eyes and ignore inconvenient things about their agendas.
        Once they get rid of all that nasty history, then when the black people complain about reparations and slavery, the democrats can say "What slavery?" "what confederacy?"

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          I believe that most liberals mean well (useful idiots), but it really makes we wonder if there isn't some hidden racist agenda with at least some other liberals.
          I know of no liberal that doesn't condemn eugenics. I know several scientists who wave it off as an irrelevant pseudoscience. Races don't exist as a biological reality, they're social constructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            I know of no liberal that doesn't condemn eugenics. I know several scientists who wave it off as an irrelevant pseudoscience. Races don't exist as a biological reality, they're social constructions.
            How about Richard Dawkins' comments in support of aborting babies with Down's syndrome?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              How about Richard Dawkins' comments in support of aborting babies with Down's syndrome?
              First hit on google I get of a liberal commentator denounced it. https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyng...may-not-abort/

Source: P.Z Meyers

I’m fully in agreement with Dawkins that abortion is not an unethical choice. The woman can choose whether to keep a child or not, and it is perfectly reasonable, and even responsible, for her to include any information about genetic disorders in making her decision. However, singling out children with Down Syndrome is seriously problematic — it is not immoral to have a child with Downs. It is immoral to insist that a fetus with Down Syndrome should be aborted.

I recommend reading any of Michael Bérubé’s stories about having a child with Down Syndrome — he doesn’t have any regrets at all. Or you could read about how Bérubé schooled Peter Singer, and Singer did the right thing and changed his mind. He also wrote a book on the subject, reviewed in the NY Times.

We should not judge a person’s humanity by the number of chromosomes they have, or how intelligent they are, or by how close their appearance fits a particular standard.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

First hit on google I get of a liberal commentator denounced it. https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyng...may-not-abort/

Source: P.Z Meyers

I’m fully in agreement with Dawkins that abortion is not an unethical choice. The woman can choose whether to keep a child or not, and it is perfectly reasonable, and even responsible, for her to include any information about genetic disorders in making her decision. However, singling out children with Down Syndrome is seriously problematic — it is not immoral to have a child with Downs. It is immoral to insist that a fetus with Down Syndrome should be aborted.

I recommend reading any of Michael Bérubé’s stories about having a child with Down Syndrome — he doesn’t have any regrets at all. Or you could read about how Bérubé schooled Peter Singer, and Singer did the right thing and changed his mind. He also wrote a book on the subject, reviewed in the NY Times.

We should not judge a person’s humanity by the number of chromosomes they have, or how intelligent they are, or by how close their appearance fits a particular standard.

© Copyright Original Source

That doesn't take away from the fact that I provided an example of a liberal supporting eugenics since you initially stated

I know of no liberal that doesn't condemn eugenics.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Leon, that's pretty dumb argument from someone like you. I wouldn't expect racist eugenicists posing as liberals (assuming they're out there, and there's no reason not to assume this) to be as open about it as they were in the early 20th century, would you? And how about many of the wealthy white elitists, posing as liberals, who have openly endorsed population control (either directly or ranting about how there are too many people on the globe)? That seems pretty close to the eugenicists arguments of the past, only slightly modified to be more PC compliant.

Comment

Moderated By: CP

Just a gentle reminder that this forum is NOT a debate area. Polite discussion only.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What I find sad is I was in a discussion recently with someone defending Planned Parenthood on these issues, they tried to sideswipe the issue by telling me that the organization provides other services such as helping treat sexually transmitted diseases, providing medication, and helping those infertile. To me this seems like a case of trying to cloak evil actions under the guise of doing good (Isaiah 5:20; Romans 3:8).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X